PDA

View Full Version : Makita M243 (Martec MT230)

Handyjack
16th September 2011, 08:40 PM
This tool has been mentioned in reviews on this forum in May 2008 and by Scribbly Gum in November 2009.

I bought this tool as I needed to replace a door frame and could not see myself cutting the jambs and architraves quickly and accurately using a track saw (Festool TS55) or hand mitre saw.

After initial adjustments the saw was ready for its first use. First job was to cut a block to support long lengths on the bench. This highlighted the first discrepancy. The work supports are just lower than the saw table.

Other items that could be better is that there is no lock on the switch requiring two operations to turn on. This caused me to turn on the motor while the saw head was lock down. The other item that could be improved is the saw guard that lifts up when the head is lowered. This was great for lining up cuts, but it also uncovers more of the blade than perhaps desirable before it meets the timber.

I bought the saw for cutting, and this it did well.

I did not try the supplied dust bag as I connected the saw to my Festool Midi dust extractor. There was some loose dust but not an excessive amount.