PDA

View Full Version : Log Dogs Time Out...

MAPLEMAN
18th September 2011, 09:22 AM
Only 2 weeks old,these lil' one's love their sleep..and food...and sleep..:C :rolleyes: Not going to be lil' for very long though :no:

Grommett
18th September 2011, 10:21 AM
God you have to love pups. Any pics of the parents?

MAPLEMAN
18th September 2011, 02:25 PM
God you have to love pups. Any pics of the parents? Hey Grommett,here's some pics of Mum and Dad......Dad,Boo Boo, being the darker one...Milly is the brindle one....really friendly pets these ones :;

Grommett
18th September 2011, 02:52 PM
They so look the part. I think I'd be calling from the other side of the gate until proper and polite introductions had been made. Same with my girl, gentle as but sounds like death on 4 legs (till she rolls over for a tummy rub).

Taken in the Flinders Ranges last year.

MAPLEMAN
8th November 2012, 10:30 PM
Sadly,Milly passed away just over a month ago...snake bite being the cause..tried to convince the vet that it was a snake bite,but they treated her for tick poisoning instead:doh::no:...similar symptoms,so to all dog lovers out there,if your dog is seemingly well one minute,then collapses,only to get up again a few hours later and run around as if there was nothing wrong..then crashes again,chances are,its been bitten by a snake.Dogs don't necessarilly die from snake bite within half an hour of being bitten,they can survive 2-3 days,so my point is if your dog displays the symptoms that i have mentioned,order the vet to perform a A.C.T test and other blood tests so that snake bite can be either ruled in or ruled out!!! Sometimes Vets get their diagnosis very wrong..they did in Millys case...R.I.P.Milly log dog:(:)

A Duke
8th November 2012, 11:20 PM
That is so heart breaking, no wonder it took you a month to tell us.
Have you still got any of the pups?
My condolences

MAPLEMAN
9th November 2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks Hugh...it will take a few more months of tears before i am over this one...to make matters worse,the Vet(s) are in denial:doh::no:..on a happier note kept a bindle puppy(Noodle),she has lifted my spirits....thanks for your kindness Hugh

BobL
9th November 2012, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear about Millie but good to hear that Noodle is helping out.

The new tree loppers yard where I do a bit of milling has a few snakes so I can't let our pup off the leash while I'm there.

MAPLEMAN
9th November 2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear about Millie but good to hear that Noodle is helping out.

The new tree loppers yard where I do a bit of milling has a few snakes so I can't let our pup off the leash while I'm there.Thanks Bob..Noodle has been the best medicine..our dogs are everything thing to us,their our world...glad to hear that your keeping a close watch on puppy...Thanks again...:2tsup:

chambezio
9th November 2012, 11:36 AM
When we first move here we ended up with a stray tortoise shell female kitten who inevitably gave us 6 kittens. She was a great little cat and had the sharpest claws in the business. At that time we were both working and the cats/kittens were out all day. One day this mother cat was just lying listlessly. She seemed OK. Any way to cut a long story short we rang the vet because she didn't seem right. Over the phone he sad "I'll bet she has been bitten by a snake". My wife was ready to take her in straight away but the vet said it was too late for the anti venene to work. He said just keep her comfortable and see what happens. My wife made her drink water and helped her urinate and she came good in a week or so. She was never as robust though afterwards. We had her put down 10 years later when she was 20 years old. Its amasing just how tough they can be.

A little mate is hard to replace. I hope the brindle pup can fill at least part of the hole left by Milly

MAPLEMAN
9th November 2012, 12:11 PM
When we first move here we ended up with a stray tortoise shell female kitten who inevitably gave us 6 kittens. She was a great little cat and had the sharpest claws in the business. At that time we were both working and the cats/kittens were out all day. One day this mother cat was just lying listlessly. She seemed OK. Any way to cut a long story short we rang the vet because she didn't seem right. Over the phone he sad "I'll bet she has been bitten by a snake". My wife was ready to take her in straight away but the vet said it was too late for the anti venene to work. He said just keep her comfortable and see what happens. My wife made her drink water and helped her urinate and she came good in a week or so. She was never as robust though afterwards. We had her put down 10 years later when she was 20 years old. Its amasing just how tough they can be.

A little mate is hard to replace. I hope the brindle pup can fill at least part of the hole left by MillyThe brindle pup is filling the hole Rob,time though, is probably the best healer...thanks too for your kind thoughts..they really are a humans best friend

DJ’s Timber
9th November 2012, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear about that Chris, as you said time is the best healer. Know how you feel, had to put one of my dogs down a few months ago.

MAPLEMAN
9th November 2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear about that Chris, as you said time is the best healer. Know how you feel, had to put one of my dogs down a few months ago.Cheers DJ...sorry to hear about your loss too mate...the bond we form we our critters is a very special one...hope time helps your healing process too ..Thanks again DJ for sharing your thoughts

Grommett
10th November 2012, 08:12 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are just so much part of your life. Glad the pup is there.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

MAPLEMAN
10th November 2012, 09:12 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are just so much part of your life. Glad the pup is there.

Sent from my iPad using Forum RunnerCheers Michael...still got Boo Boo,Koala,and will keep Noodle the puppy.Also have another puppy called Shania,but we hope to find her a home soon...your right,they are a huge part of lives:rolleyes: ...Cheers again mate

MAPLEMAN
22nd November 2012, 08:39 PM
Here's some pics of Noodle...lil' Log Dog :2tsup:

Grommett
26th November 2012, 10:12 PM
I think I'm in love. :)