PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Thompson Lathe Tools purchase

Pages : [1] 2

Sawdust Maker
18th September 2011, 04:32 PM
Earlier this year I commented that I would most likely organise the next Thompson tool buy when life quietened down a bit, probably September. Well September is here and so is the group 2011 Thompson Lathe Tools purchase. Not so certain that life has quitened down, though.:doh:

I have permission from those on high to conduct it in a similar manner to that conducted by NeilS last year (last year's thread) (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/re-another-thompson-bulk-buy-125585/) . Thanks to Neil for flling me in on the behind scenes dirty work.:2tsup:

The Aussie $ is at about 1.04 at the moment which just might cover the forex costs. Doug has again offered to pay for postage... thanks Doug (assuming we get a reasonable order together).

The Thompson website is here (http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/). Remember that gouge sizes listed are rod widths, not flute widths like the UK sizing, and that all tools come unhandled. Doug is offering handles that can be purchased separately. And, to quote Doug, "Next week I will have a 16 inch handle for the 1-1/4 spindle rouging gouge". I see that he has some tools made from 15V (http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheet.aspx?matguid=1166d6e0bd734057a1b900af84f730f5&ckck=1) tool steel.

Please let me know what you would like and if there is any interest. I want to close this off fairly quickly and note that last year it was all done and ordered in about 2 weeks - So I'll aim to order the first week of October, and we will well and truly get our new toys before Xmas. So not too much procrastination please

The process will be much the same as last year; funds transfer upfront, etc. If required I’ll pressgang someone in another state to be a co-distribution point. Also note that some tools are unavailable (this is marked clearly on the website) and there will be no back ordering as part of this exercise. Doug has also said that any 20" or over 20” handle is too long for his postage offer, sorry.

And, for the benefit of those that haven't had a chance to use a Thompson Tool they are pretty good. (A bit of an understatement really). Have a look for Ern’s comments (rsser) here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/thompson-5-8-u-gouge-first-impressions-129319/)and here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/sharpening-thompson-gouges-129773/)

Sawdust Maker
18th September 2011, 04:44 PM
I'll order a 3/4" V shaped bowl gouge, please :D

rsser
18th September 2011, 04:47 PM
Ooh, tasty.

Can we hear from NeilS about how he found Doug's handles?

Pat
18th September 2011, 05:00 PM
Nick, luckily for you I cannot use the words I wish to use. Totally against forum rules:U

Please put me down for 1 x 5/8" U shape Bowl gouge @ US $80 and a 16" Handle @ US$55

I'll pick them up from your place, when they arrive.

I still cannot express my feeling for you posting this:;

(EDIT) Bugger, I remembered that Doug does it the weird American way. His 5/8 gouge is roughly the same as the 1/2 P & N's that I already have . . . even though Nick alluded to that fact in the first post:doh:

Sawdust Maker
18th September 2011, 05:14 PM
Ooh, tasty.

Ross could comment on his as well! :U

I think Ross liked it but found it a bit long and heavy but ok after he removed the shot

I see that Doug is offering handle engraving (http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/tool.asp?ID=7278)as well

rsser
18th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Is there a prize for the wittiest phrase? ;-}

rsser
18th September 2011, 07:22 PM
Just to add for the many who've joined this sub-forum:

Doug's tools have 10% Vanadium (and as Nick posted, some with 15%). In the HSS mix this gives a high level of abrasion resistance, which is ace for the many of our Aus woods with high silica content. And good for natural edge turning in which the bark often contains some crap. No, it won't cope with tacks, staples and other offensive metals.

What I've found is that fresh off an alox wheel the edge won't cut cleanly for as long as Henry Taylor steel, my other fave, but it keeps on keeping on for longer. And for the last finishing cuts, in both cases, refreshing the edge is advisable.

Your mileage may vary.

Sawdust Maker
18th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Is there a prize for the wittiest phrase? ;-}

I thought I'd get them all engraved with "Pinched from Sawdust Maker!" :D

mkypenturner
18th September 2011, 09:25 PM
I thought I'd get them all engraved with "Pinched from Sawdust Maker!" :D
:2tsup:

toddbron
18th September 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I have a very basic set of tools - gouge - a couple of spindle gouges - skew chisel and a parting tool - I want to do some bowls, platters and some deep hollowing out. What tools would you recommend.

Todd

Pat
18th September 2011, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I have a very basic set of tools - gouge - a couple of spindle gouges - skew chisel and a parting tool - I want to do some bowls, platters and some deep hollowing out. What tools would you recommend.

Todd

To start bowls, 1/2" bowl gouge. I prefer the U shape, but it's really personal preference. Is there a club or another turner near you so you try some bowl turning first?

toddbron
18th September 2011, 11:31 PM
To start bowls, 1/2" bowl gouge. I prefer the U shape, but it's really personal preference. Is there a club or another turner near you so you try some bowl turning first?
Hi,

Nope - way out west - western queensland - not much out here.

hughie
19th September 2011, 10:24 AM
Nick this is so very tempting,:2tsup: but I am not sure what I need :? , maybe a decent skew. :hmm: Oh heck I am talking myself into it :U

Ozkaban
19th September 2011, 12:23 PM
Sweet! Thanks for organising this Nick.

I was in the first order a couple of years ago but skipped last year. My 'go-to' gouge is the 3/8 detail gouge. Bloody brilliant :2tsup:

I'll have a mooch through his site and get back to you. I'm thinking a roughing gouge at the mo.

Cheers,
Dave

Ross
19th September 2011, 02:54 PM
Hughie

How did you find the St. Leger SRG?

Ross

hughie
22nd September 2011, 01:23 AM
How did you find the St. Leger SRG?

Its not bad, with the longish sides you can scrape and sorta plane like a skew. A little trickier than a regular skew...hmm that might just be me. :U

quercus
23rd September 2011, 10:44 AM
If not too late can I order a 5/8 V bowl gouge please.

Sawdust Maker
23rd September 2011, 11:19 AM
If not too late can I order a 5/8 V bowl gouge please.

no probs

Sawdust Maker
23rd September 2011, 11:25 AM

The Aussie $ is at about 1.04 at the moment which just might cover the forex costs...

Looks like world events (read market hysteria) has made this comment questionable, the AUD is at 0.98 ish at the moment :doh:

I might have to add a smallish percentage to cover the exchange rate and the forex cost. We'll see what happens.

As I said I'd like to order 1st week of Oct.

quercus
24th September 2011, 03:10 PM
Not fussed about the currency, unless it hits 60cents. Hopefully may give the farmers a bit of an export boost.

Ross
25th September 2011, 09:37 AM
Ross could comment on his as well! :U

I think Ross liked it but found it a bit long and heavy but ok after he removed the shot

I see that Doug is offering handle engraving (http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/tool.asp?ID=7278)as well

Some of the shot is back in and the chisel is now balanced to suit the way I hold and use it. It has given me better control with my cuts and now that it is balanced the weight is no longer noticeable.

The length of the handle 16" is great for outboard turing but I still find it too long for inboard work. A 12" handle and a Tee Handle Wrench is on the shopping list.

Ross

NeilS
25th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Ooh, tasty.

Ern, apologies for the delay in responding... finally found my way out of the blackwood shavings... :~

Doug's handles are top kit. Beautifully made and durable. I've been regularly knocking mine around since the last group buy and they still look like new.

I particularly like the 'squarish' cross-section. Comfortable in the hand as well as having the no-roll advantage. The addition of the foam grip is going to be a good addition (Hughie.. :2thumbsup: ) especially on mornings when it is only 8c in my workshop!

They are a good size in my hands. I also like the length for outboard turning, which is 95% of what I do. I got the 20" Handle with 5/8" nose and the 3/4" Lathe Master.

The adjustable weight (and weight location) is another good design feature. In my case I found that I had to empty all of the shot out of mine to get them close to what I find comfortable, and I still find them a bit on the heavy side. They might suit others fully loaded!

If you need to swap gouges, it's quick and easy.

Doug's handles were my first purchase of ready made handles. I didn't want to die wondering, and now I know. If you get a ready made handle that works for you your going to love it... No Dear, that's just my gouge handle I've brought to bed with me... :-

PS - if you attend club meetings or turning weekends, I'd get them engraved ... :D

NeilS
26th September 2011, 12:41 AM
Good'onya Nick for taking this on!

Please put me down for:

* 5/8V Bowl Gouges made from 15V (Doug, please put one aside for me... :) )
* 3/8 x 7 inch BLANK

Thanks

rsser
26th September 2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the summary Neil.

bench1holio
26th September 2011, 09:14 AM
is a 3/4" bowl gouge gonna fit in a 16" handle with a 5/8" nose?

rsser
26th September 2011, 10:01 AM
Doubt it. Gouge measures are rod diameter, and I'm assuming handle nose measures refer to the bore.

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 10:05 AM

Dunno

I've sent a query off to Doug

Attached is an excell spreadsheet of the orders/expressions of interest to date. Please check and let me know of any amendments?

Pat I've assumed you want the 5/8" nose on your handle (engraving 'Found in Sawdust Maker's Shed')

Ross: I'll need a nose size for your handle (which I assumed you were wanting) (engraving "borrowed from Sawdust Maker in 1999")

RETIRED
26th September 2011, 10:20 AM
Actually Nick, they are all being engraved, "Stolen from Robbos."

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 10:22 AM
Doubt it. Gouge measures are rod diameter, and I'm assuming handle nose measures refer to the bore.

Here's a piccy of the handle end of my 3/4, I can't measure it now as it is stuck in a bit of wood :rolleyes:

It may be a tad less then 3/4" as you can see it is marginally slimmer tang (?). But the difference would be nowhere near 1/8"

NeilS
26th September 2011, 11:12 AM

No, I got the 3/4" Lathe Master handle to fit my Thompson 3/4" bowl gouge. If Doug doesn't get back with a precise dimension I can easily slip my 3/4" gouge out of the Lathe Master handle and put the callipers on the tang, if needed.

Ozkaban
26th September 2011, 11:49 AM
Hiya Nick,

Not doing much turning lately - too many other things getting in the way. Still gonna buy some tools though :2tsup:

Put me down for :
12x1/2" handle
1/2" V bowl gouge.

Engraving on the handle can be "Donated by Nick" if that's ok :D:D:D

Has anyone used the V or U shaped ones? I have a 5/8 P&N bowl* gouge, which I think is a similar size to the Thomson 3/4 U shaped one. Is this correct?

Cheers,
Dave

*nearly typed '5/8" bowel gouge'... Now that is an interesting thing to picture :o

WOODbTURNER
26th September 2011, 11:56 AM
G'day Nick,

Can you put me down for 1 x 12-15v and 1 x 58-15v bowl gouges please. (only if you don't mind sending to Darwin.)

Thanks
Jeff

Ozkaban
26th September 2011, 12:22 PM
Hiya Nick,

Not doing much turning lately - too many other things getting in the way. Still gonna buy some tools though :2tsup:

Put me down for :
12x1/2" handle
1/2" V bowl gouge.

Engraving on the handle can be "Donated by Nick" if that's ok :D:D:D

Has anyone used the V or U shaped ones? I have a 5/8 P&N bowl* gouge, which I think is a similar size to the Thomson 3/4 U shaped one. Is this correct?

Cheers,
Dave

*nearly typed '5/8" bowel gouge'... Now that is an interesting thing to picture :o

In for a penny, in for a pound..

Can you change the gouge for the 1/2-15V V gouge?

Thanks,
Dave

rsser
26th September 2011, 01:07 PM

Cheers,
Dave

Yes.

I think all up that the V shaped gouges are more versatile; the plus with the U is that in bowl hollowing you can roll it to get a shear cut more easily.

The U is the traditional shape; the V with the right sharpening jig allows you to get long wings for a range of cut types.

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 03:04 PM
G'day Nick,

Can you put me down for 1 x 12-15v and 1 x 58-15v bowl gouges please. (only if you don't mind sending to Darwin.)

Thanks
Jeff

Darwin's cool - 3kg prepaid satchel :2tsup:

Dave

I won't etch your order in stone just yet - there's still time to find another pound !!

Ozkaban
26th September 2011, 03:23 PM
oh, another thing... while selling stuff on ebay recently, I came across a deal for ebay postage. I have also tested this out on non-ebay stuff and it works fine.

You buy the 3kg (or 500g) satchels from ebay for 35c each (in a pack of 5, so it's $1.75 delivered), then register at www.clickandsend.com.au. On the ebay satchel there's a product code which you enter and the postage for 3kg is $9.35 (total with bag is $9.70) instead of $11.20. Not much of a discount, but if you're sending heaps it works out well. You also pay for the postage on the website and print the labels, which fit into a pocket on the envelopes. Means you don't have to visit the post office, assuming there's a local red box somewhere.

Only drawback is the delivery time frames for the satchels from ebay. Took more than a week for me, which was a major pain...

Cheers,
Dave

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 04:03 PM
Re the 3/4" in a 5/8" handle

"Nick,
The 5/8 nose will only fit the 5/8 diameter tool. I do have a 3/4 inch handle that is 16 inches long to fit that tool but it's not on the site (same price) brand new product.
Thanks for all your help,
Doug"

So we can order the 16" handle with 3/4" nose if anyone wants it :2tsup:

WOODbTURNER
26th September 2011, 04:28 PM

Dave

I won't etch your order in stone just yet - there's still time to find another pound !!

Nick,

Sounds OK to me. I'll have to see what else I need to fill satchel.
Thanks mate

Jeff

rsser
26th September 2011, 04:29 PM
That would be a 16" handle for 3/4" shank tool ... ? Typo?

WOODbTURNER
26th September 2011, 05:00 PM

Dave

Nick,

Any idea on individual tool weight so I can work out what can be put in satchel?

Cheers

rsser
26th September 2011, 05:05 PM
I did those calcs on the first bulk buy and passed the spreadsheet onto Neil.

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 05:12 PM
Jeff

I know I weighed them last year but I saw no reason to keep the weights, Sorry.

NeilS went through the same process. Neil, Did you by any chance keep the weights?

No weights on the website.

Actually Nick, they are all being engraved, "Stolen from Robbos."

, a bit like this? :D

RETIRED
26th September 2011, 08:12 PM
Nope, like this.182785

powderpost
26th September 2011, 08:18 PM
You left out the apostrophe in Robo's. :D:D
Jim

NeilS
26th September 2011, 08:38 PM
Neil, Did you by any chance keep the weights?

No weights on the website.

Sorry, Nick, I didn't either. But I did record the items and the postage bag size that went to each participant, which should give an idea of what can fit in each size bag.

That spreadsheet is on its way to you.

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry, Nick, I didn't either. But I did record the items and the postage bag size that went to each participant, which should give an idea of what can fit in each size bag.

That spreadsheet is on its way to you.

hmm
If I can get on the main 'puter at somestage I'll check my old emails - there might be something there. Now to make no 1 son do the wiping up :):no:

wheelinround
26th September 2011, 09:25 PM
Nick when how soon will you be ordering as I have asked Pat to bring his over so I can borrow it for a week or 6 :; I have an Uncle who's an engraver he can then engrave it given to Ray. If I like I might join in.:roll:

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 09:34 PM
I was hoping/planning on ordering next week
maybe that should read will close it off and get monies then order ...

wheelinround
26th September 2011, 09:38 PM
I was hoping/planning on ordering next week
maybe that should read will close it off and get monies then order ...

No problem Nick maybe next time.:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Jeff

I found these weights in an email I sent Neil last year
Things might have changed - I dunno
But this should be a little help

PS: where there are two items it is the combined weight shown

WOODbTURNER
26th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Jeff

I found these weights in an email I sent Neil last year
Things might have changed - I dunno
But this should be a little help

PS: where there are two items it is the combined weight shown

Thanks Nick

Paul39
27th September 2011, 09:37 AM
Nick this is so very tempting,:2tsup: but I am not sure what I need :? , maybe a decent skew. :hmm: Oh heck I am talking myself into it :U

There are no decent skews, only ACCURSED SKEWS!

RETIRED
27th September 2011, 04:14 PM
There are no decent skews, only ACCURSED SKEWS!Nope, misunderstood skews.:wink:

rsser
27th September 2011, 05:42 PM
Skews are like a marriage. On a good day, a wonder. When the grumps settle in ....

rsser
27th September 2011, 05:58 PM
Re tool weights, this is the data I have from the first bulk order. Things may have changed.

IIRC it would have been provided by the man himself.

Bowl and spindle gouges weigh about the same.
3/8 diameter - 125g# 255mm long
1/2 diameter - 225g# 255mm long
5/8 diameter - 400g# 304mm long

Skew/scrapers are about the same, about 220mm long
1/2 - 100g
3/4 - 155g
1-1/4 - 316g

The lengths are useful to see which tools will fit a 500g satchel and which need a 3kg job. Again, from memory, on this score there was only one error.

powderpost
27th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Nick, order for me a 3/4" Thompson scraper please.
Jim

Sawdust Maker
27th September 2011, 08:23 PM
Ern

Thanks very much for the weight table

Jim

done (was wondering whether you might want something :wink:

powderpost
27th September 2011, 08:30 PM
Not so loud Nick, I might have to answer some questions... :wink:
Jim

Sawdust Maker
27th September 2011, 08:46 PM
Not so loud Nick, I might have to answer some questions... :wink:
Jim

Isn't this the one you left in my car 18 months ago :D

Sawdust Maker
28th September 2011, 10:43 AM
Updated list

good news is it looks like the AU$ is back at parity

rsser
28th September 2011, 11:52 AM
Nick, can I have the 16" handle I left in your car a year ago?

(just kidding).

WOODbTURNER
28th September 2011, 01:21 PM
Nick,

Can you remember if a 16" handle will fit in a 3kg satchel?

Cheers
Jeff

Sawdust Maker
28th September 2011, 05:50 PM
Jeff

From memory the 16" handles were either personally picked up or sent in a post tube.
The post tube was around the same price but was posted within NSW - probably Sydney to Sydney.

But a 3kg postpack dimensions are 405mmx310mm and 405mm is about 16" :)
So if the 16" tool handle is really about 16" then should fit diagonally quite easily (with a bit of bubble wrap.) (I think) (maybe)

Sawdust Maker
28th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Nick, can I have the 16" handle I left in your car a year ago?

(just kidding).

Ern

It's still under threat of ransom :D

NeilS
28th September 2011, 08:38 PM
As the longer Thompson handles won't be included this time, I'm willing to part with my Thompson 20" Handle with 5/8" nose and the 3/4" Lathe Master. Both cleanskins... ie not engraved with anything like Stolen from NeilS... :rolleyes:

If anyone is extra keen to have one or both of these, PM me.

nz_carver
29th September 2011, 12:09 PM
Detail Gouge help what one to get plz
what sizes????

nick pat someone

Pat
29th September 2011, 08:46 PM
Detail Gouge help what one to get plz
what sizes????

nick pat someone

Dave, what are you turning? Size? 1/4" for pens or the 3/8" or 1/2" for larger spindles on your mini Yellow Peril and any other larger lathes. Depends on your identified needs. I rarely do spindle work, but I have from 6mm to 13mm in spindle gouges and detail gouges.

The difference, AFAIK between spindle and detail gouges is the depth of the flute, with Detail gouges having a shallower flute. I await correction from or Jim :U

Sawdust Maker
29th September 2011, 09:09 PM
Agree with Pat
depends on what you want to do

smaller gouge = finer work

powderpost
29th September 2011, 09:40 PM
Dave, I find a 1/2" spindle gouge will do most of what you want to do. A 1/2" will do pens but a 1/4" is a bit dicey if you were to make a table or chair leg, or general spindle work. Get a 1/2" gouge now and a 1/4" gouge next time. Or both now. :wink: :U
Jim

nz_carver
29th September 2011, 10:30 PM
Ok thanks
Nick stick me down for a
Spindle Gouge - 1/2"
16" Handle with 1/2 nose

Hey I Nick u going to be out at trend open day?
I have something for you :doh:

Sawdust Maker
30th September 2011, 09:45 AM
Trend open day?
Not sure at this stage, maybe not :shrug:

Here's the updated list of desires

If there are any errors or changes please let me know

wheelinround
30th September 2011, 10:14 AM
Trend open day?
Not sure at this stage, maybe not :shrug:

Here's the updated list of desires

If there are any errors or changes please let me know

Oh surely Nick being the Pro-turner and all these snazzy tools he thought you would be registered

Trend Two Turning Challenge

http://www.trendtimbers.com.au/assets/images/sponsor_1.jpg

Trend Two Timber Turning Challenge

The Challenge

To create a piece (or pieces) from specified timber where the main production process is turning on a wood lathe.
All turning and finishing must be completed within a specified time at Trend Timbers Open Days on 18th & 19th November, 2011, however preparation of the blanks may be done beforehand.
Earn extra points for embellishment e.g. pyro, carving, chatterwork, scrolling etc.

The Categories

Club Entry: Allows collaboration
Individual Entry: One person only

The Rewards

Over $1850 worth of prizes

To Enter

Fill in the attached entry form and get it to Trend Timbers by 4th November 2011.
Numbers are limited so get your entry in early!
Start practising your design & technique for the big day!

More Info

Download the entry form and terms (http://www.trendtimbers.com.au/forms/Trend_Two_Timber_Turning_Challenge.pdf)

Adrian at Trend Timbers: (02) 4577 5277
Peter at Artisans Retreat: (02) 6553 1199
http://www.trendtimbers.com.au/assets/images/sponsor_2.jpg

Sawdust Maker
30th September 2011, 11:02 AM
Pro-turner :roflmao:

PS Ray where's your order?

wheelinround
30th September 2011, 02:46 PM
Pro-turner :roflmao:

PS Ray where's your order?

you said books were closed so I spent it elsewhere:roll:

Sawdust Maker
30th September 2011, 08:44 PM
you said books were closed so I spent it elsewhere:roll:

Final orders Monday, maybe Tuesday

Ross
1st October 2011, 07:28 AM
Final orders Monday, maybe Tuesday

.........and payment date?

Ross

Sawdust Maker
1st October 2011, 12:59 PM
.........and payment date?

Ross

I'll PM a/c details early next week and hopefully everyone can deposit midweek. Once I have all the funds I'll then place the order with Doug.

govarney
1st October 2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Nick,

You better put me down for a couple of these tools

1/2V Bowl Gouge made from 15V
U-shaped Bowl Gouge - 1/2"

plus two 12 inch Handles

Thanks

WOODbTURNER
2nd October 2011, 10:50 AM
G'day Nick,

Thanks
Jeff

Nick,

Can you put a 12" x 1/2" nose handle on my order.
Is engraving still available. If so, what's the process?

Thanks again
Jeff

Sawdust Maker
2nd October 2011, 12:32 PM
Ok

Here's the latest list
please check and let me know of any stuffups or additions etc, Thanks

Process from here ...

I'll ask you all to confirm your orders.
Then I'll ask you all for payment of the tool price as on the Thompson site.
The AU$ and US$ exchange rate plus the paypal conversion fee and the Aus postage I'll collect from everyone after the goodies arrive here in Aus. I will also then know precisely what these extra costs are.

For example my purchase of the two chisels is US$145.
Taking into account the US$ = 1.04 AU$ plus a 4.5% Paypal charge
My out of pocket would be approx $157.60
Add another $6.60 (500g prepaid) to send it to myself all up approx $164.20

WOODbTURNER
2nd October 2011, 01:01 PM
Nick,

Can you also add a T handle wrench to my order.

Cheers
Jeff

Sawdust Maker
2nd October 2011, 01:49 PM
done:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
2nd October 2011, 02:39 PM
Is engraving still available. If so, what's the process?

Jeff

Sorry, I didn't answer this.

Those whom are buying handles and want engraving, please PM me with the wording you want.

Sawdust Maker
3rd October 2011, 05:47 PM
It's time gentlemen ....

Here's the list as it stands at the moment

Any changes please let me know

I'll PM my bank details later this evening, if people could transfer/deposit funds ASAP that would be great. If you don't I might name and shame :~

So far I have details for engraving from:

WOODbTURNER
bench1holio
govarney

Ross
3rd October 2011, 06:54 PM
Good to go, thanks Nick.

Ross

powderpost
3rd October 2011, 11:09 PM
Money transferred tonight, PM sent.
Jim

Ozkaban
4th October 2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Nick,

Money transferred - added and extra $5 as the AUD seems to have gone south somewhat. Lemme know if it's not enough.

Oh, could the engraving just be "David Manning"

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
4th October 2011, 08:00 AM
Hi Nick,

Glad I added $5 - can you add the Tee Wrench to my order?

If there's any shortfall from the exchange rate, let me know and I'll send more.

Cheers,
Dave

Ross
4th October 2011, 08:46 AM
Nick

Sent to your Cayman Island account.

Ross

Sawdust Maker
4th October 2011, 07:43 PM
The Cayman Isles are nice this time of year :D

6 have paid up so far - Thanks

Those whom haven't just pay the Thompson tool price at this stage - I have no idea what the exchange rate is going to be and what the paypal cost will be, especially given how the AU$ is bouncing around like a flippin yoyo.

Dave - One Tee wench added

It's probably not too late to add stuff

Sawdust Maker
5th October 2011, 08:47 AM
Doug had everything in stock as at the last spreadsheet

for the additional items ordered we should be ok but will see when I place the order Tomorrow or Friday

Sawdust Maker
6th October 2011, 07:38 AM
Some rude person told me to get on with it :C:~:Q

Thanks to everyone whom has deposited their funds. I've have one malingerer but I know where they live so I can hunt them down :U

I have placed the order and will let you know the progress.

Ross
6th October 2011, 09:14 AM
Some rude person told me to get on with it :C:~:Q

What only one person?

Ross

powderpost
7th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Are they here yet?
Jim

nz_carver
7th October 2011, 10:19 PM
There's now $ in ya acc from me :2tsup:
I'll meet you at the airport u bring the cash I'll bring the tickets:q

Doug Thompson
7th October 2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone, your order was sent out yesterday (my Thursday) and thanks Nick for taking the time to do this. It's been very busy around here even with help we can't seem to keep up. Thanks everyone!

Sawdust Maker
8th October 2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks everyone, your order was sent out yesterday (my Thursday) and thanks Nick for taking the time to do this. It's been very busy around here even with help we can't seem to keep up. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Doug :2tsup:

Ozkaban
13th October 2011, 09:21 AM
Sooo.... now that the dollar is back above parity, did we manage to order when it was at it's absolute lowest, or just bloody close?!?!

What awesome timing :doh:

I guess that's why we're all not getting rich on the forex markets :D:D:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Dave

Drillit
14th October 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi,
Are you still taking orders - I want to buy the big scraper ($150 us). Details: 12 x 11/8 x 5/8". Thanks, John M.

nz_carver
14th October 2011, 11:17 AM
No it's done and order