PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking shows/DVD's

Andreas87
21st September 2011, 07:20 PM
Hi all!

Lately I have been running out of woodworking shows to watch:(, I was wondering if anyone can recommend some dvds or shows to watch.

I have watched:
wood right’s shop
Rob Cosman
New Yankee workshop
R2000
Rough cut show

any recommendations are greatly appreciated:2tsup:

Pat
21st September 2011, 07:32 PM
The Great British Workshop
Stu's Shed

groeneaj
21st September 2011, 07:42 PM
One of my favourites is "The wood whisperer". Mark has heaps of free videos that you can watch, or you can sign up to his guild membership and watch videos of him making a chest of drawers, side table, chairs, tool cabinets and the list goes on. I highly recommend!

Or if you want to buy some DVD's, go to the Lie Nielsen site and have a look at their range. David Charlesworth and Chris Schwarz have some terrific DVD's available.

Andy

Mr Brush
21st September 2011, 09:24 PM
If you want something to send you to sleep, buy a David Charlesworth DVD.....:rolleyes:

Very good content (I have several of his titles), but the delivery is a bit on the s l o w side.

derekcohen
22nd September 2011, 01:49 AM
watch episodes online . Woodwright's Shop with Roy UnderHill | PBS (http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/video/3000/index.html)

Regards from Perth

Derek

Lawrst
22nd September 2011, 02:23 PM
+1 to the Wood Whisperer

*Kev
22nd September 2011, 05:58 PM
Paul Timbermans Workshop

groeneaj
22nd September 2011, 06:01 PM
This is an older video. It's amazing how they used to do it in the old days.

Woodworker, The (1940) - YouTube

munruben
26th September 2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, 1940 same year I was born. Interesting to see the router being used in part of the film clip. Its amazing how many years we have had had this little machine at our disposal. I thought it would be a modern invention but apparently been around for quite some time, well before the 1940's in fact. Thanks for putting that clip up, very interesting .:2tsup:

I_wanna_Shed
26th September 2011, 04:18 PM
There is a series called Woodworks. I think the guys name is David Marks. You will be able to find them floating around the net.

It's a good series.

Nathan.

Andreas87
28th September 2011, 04:44 AM
Thanks guys!

Now I have enough shows for the rest of the year!:2tsup: