PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Harbour 24th September

Christos
25th September 2011, 11:10 AM
Went out fishing on Sydney Harbour with two people from work. We put the friends boat from Rosebay ramp at about 08:00 and headed out to shark island.

Not many boats out as the forecast was rain and high wind in the afternoon. We selected what we thought was a shelted place and started to fish. The wind started to pick up and the resulting swell was getting higher.

My colleague was feeling sick so we moved back towards the ramp out of the wind and swell. He was feeling better so we anchored and started fishing again. This time we could see lots of activity on the GPS only very high in the water level.

I pulled out one rod to reset on very light sinker and the colleague felt sick again so we called it a day. No point feeling sick and continue to fish you just don't enjoy it.

We ended up having lunch in the park next to the ramp. :2tsup:

NCArcher
25th September 2011, 02:35 PM
Bad luck about the weather Christos. Good onya for looking after your friend. I've occasionally felt sea sick and wanted nothing more than to get back on dry land. Toughed it out a few times but really didn't enjoy the day.

fubar
25th September 2011, 07:29 PM
The only way ive been told to get back to shore when i've been crook is to swim or buy the boat you are much nicer than my fishing buddies

dai sensei
25th September 2011, 11:00 PM
As a kid I got very seasick, but my father continued to take me out for ages, he said I was good burly :-:U