PDA

View Full Version : where to buy link belting sydney

welder
25th September 2011, 11:51 AM
I need some of that link vee belting to replace the drive belt on the lathe the local place want $70 a meter is there anywhere in Sydney where i can get it cheaper.

Pete F
25th September 2011, 03:02 PM
Holy Crap, ok that price is a touch!

Not sure what size you're after, but if you don't mind importing it, contact Joyce Chan, [email protected] from polyparts.com in Hong Kong. Price for 13 mm linked belt is HK$177 or around A$23.50 per metre.

Pete

DoctorWu
25th September 2011, 03:34 PM
Powergrip - Nu-T-Link - Super-T-Link (http://www.powergrip.com.au/PG_Transmission_BTR.htm)

Sterob
25th September 2011, 08:43 PM
I got some from US Ebay, for my lathe. Heaps cheaper than Blackwoods. That was 3 years ago now.Can't remember the supplier but it shouldn't be too hard to find one.
I don't know why its so expensive in Australia.

Sterob

tanii51
25th September 2011, 09:00 PM
dont know if theres one in your area b ut power twist is good try this link Motion Industries: Chain Drives, Belt Drives, Couplings, Gearboxes, Brakes, Electric Motors and more (http://www.motionindustries.com.au/Default.aspx) last lat i got was about 16 dollars a meter
john

nosnow
25th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Hi
I use ohioblademan From ebay America
Sulphur Grove Tools is his ebay shop

Cheers Rod

Jekyll and Hyde
25th September 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi
I use ohioblademan From ebay America
Sulphur Grove Tools is his ebay shop

Cheers Rod

And here's a link to his listing for 'A' section in 4 foot lengths:

Fenner Drives Power Twist Plus A 1/2" 4' section | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360257208916?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D360257208916%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1)

I just ordered some last week, queried him on postage as I needed more than one pack - he quoted the same $13.50US for up to 4 packs, and also offered a slightly cheaper untracked option (which I passed on).

PDW
26th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Holy Crap, ok that price is a touch!
Pete

That's the same price I've been quoted here. I thought it was a ripoff too.

The USA Ebay seller is about to get an order. Not like I need the belting tomorrow so if it takes 2-3 weeks to get here, fine.

PDW

danielhobby
26th September 2011, 07:58 PM
is it brammer belting your refering to?i think thats a brand name.try f and d oconner p/l 15 pelmet dve thomastown in melbourne.. 0394624544.they have everything inc flat and also round leather belting.good luck. ps.they have always been very helpfull to me.

19brendan81
29th September 2011, 04:33 PM
"I don't know why its so expensive in Australia."

Seems like pretty much everything is more expensive in Australia. I sometimes reckon you'd find kangaroo meat cheaper overseas if you looked hard enough.

I spose its a side effect of having a small population spread thinly over a vast area thats isolated from the rest of the world by thousands of kilometers.

morrisman
29th September 2011, 04:51 PM
Most supermarkets here sell it these days ..it's pretty cheap really . The bangers are tasty and I prefer it anyday over bovine meat. MIKE

19brendan81
29th September 2011, 05:01 PM
The bangers are pretty good...the cuts of meat are a bit hit and miss. I find it like deer, sometimes delicious sometimes way too strong for my tastes.

Pete F
29th September 2011, 05:06 PM
"I don't know why its so expensive in Australia."

Seems like pretty much everything is more expensive in Australia. I sometimes reckon you'd find kangaroo meat cheaper overseas if you looked hard enough.

I spose its a side effect of having a small population spread thinly over a vast area thats isolated from the rest of the world by thousands of kilometers.

More likely a product of a string of middlemen who seem to think they can earn a living by sewing up an exclusive import agreement on some obscure widget and locking everyone else out, despite the fact that he only sells a dozen a year!

PDW
29th September 2011, 07:28 PM
More likely a product of a string of middlemen who seem to think they can earn a living by sewing up an exclusive import agreement on some obscure widget and locking everyone else out, despite the fact that he only sells a dozen a year!

Hey, just like software used to be. I lost count of the number of times I got told by the local distributor that I had to buy from them because they had the exclusive relationship and so, too bad, it'll be 6 weeks before it arrives, money now please.

My response generally went along the lines of 'WGAF, I have a credit card and California is only a phone call away."

Responses to *that* went along the lines of no support, no warranty, no service.

"So how's that different from when I buy from you, then?"

The digital rights people still haven't got it.

PDW