PDA

View Full Version : Pen Sets

Pariss
25th September 2011, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone. Here is this weekends effort. The 2 Knights are Cocobolo & Burl Myrtle, and the pen sets are Lightning Ridge & .... I can't remember the Blue one's name ?. The Knight has an 'Anti-Skid' finger grip :rolleyes: so as do both letter openers. Timber pens finished with 20 coates of CA & Mitre Fix, Given up on the Glen 20 after another couple of flops trying to get a quality finish on the timber. :doh:

mkypenturner
25th September 2011, 01:45 PM
nice work :2tsup:

Treecycle
25th September 2011, 05:18 PM
Beautiful work Steve. I am usually a wood man, but I do like those acrylics.

Perfect Pens
25th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Very Nice Pariss, oooozzziiiinnggg with quality !! :2tsup:
Those poly resin blanks are awesome!! I like the anti skid on the knight too :wink:

Cheers
Tony.

cookie48
25th September 2011, 10:57 PM
Pariss.
Well done. Love the acrylic ones.

artme
26th September 2011, 07:27 AM
All sets to be really proud of Pariss!! Very nice indded!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
26th September 2011, 09:02 AM
Very nice well done :2tsup::2tsup:
I like the set with the letter openers they make a very nice gift.

plantagenon
26th September 2011, 08:18 PM
Very nice work.:2tsup::2tsup: I have given up on Knights and Polaris as I don't like the style that much but that is simply a personal choice. I have yet to experiment with the Glen 20. I did try a little on a timber join I was doing and the white surface on the glue showed up but it was easily rubbed off. It was not a pen blank - just a timber join. I will try it in a week or so. I ddi empty half the can of Glen 20 into the air after letting it sit for 24 hours. Time will tell.

timberbits
26th September 2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Pariss

Nice work.

Good luck with the finishing. Keep at it with the Glen 20, your going to get eventually. Then you will ask what the fuss was all about.

Thanks for sharing

Timberbits.