PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning Magazine

bdar
26th September 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to help me. I am searching for one particular edition of the Woodturning magazine. It is December 2000 issue. If anyone has a copy and willing to part with it could they let me know please.

Cheers
Darren

mkypenturner
26th September 2011, 10:53 PM
hey darren whats on the cover or whats the article you are after ???

bdar
27th September 2011, 03:47 AM
Troy I will have to check mate, It is an un godly hour of 2.40am and about to head for Brisbane. I will check when I get back home Troy and see if November 2000 has a pic of the December issue.

Cheers
Darren

Rum Pig
27th September 2011, 08:38 AM
If you have no luck give us a yell as I know someone who should have a copy as he never throws them out and I should be able to borrow it for you and then I can scan it into a PDF.

mkypenturner
27th September 2011, 05:41 PM
If you have no luck give us a yell as I know someone who should have a copy as he never throws them out and I should be able to borrow it for you and then I can scan it into a PDF.
when you find out let us know so we can dig

bdar
27th September 2011, 11:46 PM
Troy,

December 2000 is Issue No. 94, it has making mince pies, The Waterbury Collection and The AAW symposium in it. If I can get the magazine that would be great but a PDF will do till I can find on. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Darren

Les in Red Deer
29th September 2011, 02:36 AM
Hey guys,
Just be careful!
Their magazines a protected by Copyright Laws.

Les

Penpal
29th September 2011, 07:20 AM
Morning Darren,

Sounds lame I know have you tried for back issues from the Australian Wood
people?..

Have success Peter,

bdar
29th September 2011, 08:18 AM
Morning Darren,

Sounds lame I know have you tried for back issues from the Australian Wood
people?..

Have success Peter,

Hi Peter,

I have been talking with Mark Baker the editor of Woodturning and they don't go back that far for back issues. He has helped me with one issue, but the December 2000 he could not. I hope someone out there has a copy that I can buy or trade pen blanks for. I would really like the magazine for my collection as it is the only one that I don't have.

Cheers
Darren

Dorno
29th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Hi darren I have been away for awhile and just wanted to know if you found the magazines that you were after ?

Cheers Ian

bdar
29th September 2011, 11:49 PM
Hey Ian,

no I have not been able to locate one as yet mate.

cheers
Darren

Rum Pig
30th September 2011, 08:34 AM
I will be seeing my mate next week but he told me he has thrown a lot out when he moved so I'm not as hopeful but still you never know.

bdar
30th September 2011, 08:03 PM
I will be seeing my mate next week but he told me he has thrown a lot out when he moved so I'm not as hopeful but still you never know.

Thanks for that Rum Pig, well I will cross my fingers and hope he has kept the one I need :).

Cheers
Darren

Dorno
4th October 2011, 01:52 PM
Mission Accomplished Darren it left express Post today so you should have it tomorrow I hope that it fills you set. Just as a matter of interest how far back do you go with your collection ?

Glad I could help

Cheers ian

bdar
4th October 2011, 08:39 PM
Mission Accomplished Darren it left express Post today so you should have it tomorrow I hope that it fills you set. Just as a matter of interest how far back do you go with your collection ?

Glad I could help

Cheers ian

Ian many thanks mate. Yes it will fill my set. With December 2000 I will have every issue since first issue. When it was first released they only did 4 issues a year. So with the latest issue the will make no. 229 :)

Cheers
Darren

Dorno
4th October 2011, 08:47 PM
No problem at all darren I am glad to help. The reason I asked how many you have is because I have alot that go back to around 94 maybe earlier but the thing I laughed at is they say things happen for a reason and that was the only mag I had in all of the 2000 ones:) so you were just meant to get it :2tsup:

Cheers Ian

Rum Pig
5th October 2011, 08:53 AM
Well done Ian that is very kind of you:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Gee now what am I going to do, I told my friend I would see him today:rolleyes: best bring a bottle of rum and see what happens:D

Cliff Rogers
5th October 2011, 09:01 AM
:2tsup: