PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Word Correction Issues

Chris Parks
26th September 2011, 10:39 PM
I am forced to use Outlook at work and have a question of more experienced users because I can't find an answer.

When I go back and proof read an email and find a mistake I cannot simply correct the wrongly spelled word or mistyped letter as all the key strokes are consumed, in other words I cannot add or subtract from the document IN ADDITION to what is there already, very hard to explain but I know what I mean! What I am forced to do is cut all the words after the correction needed, put the correction in and then paste the rest back. If I don't do this I have to re-type the whole thing which is a pain to say the least. I hope someone understands what I mean.

joez
26th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Mini, does this sound like the behavior/problem?

Insert key - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insert_key)

joez

Chris Parks
26th September 2011, 11:27 PM
That is it, thanks Joez. I will give it a go and see what happens. I thought there would have been an option like I recall MS word has but I can't find it.

joez
27th September 2011, 09:54 AM
I have word 2010 and its buried under FILE/OPTIONS.

If you cant find it let me know what version of Office you have.

joez

munruben
30th September 2011, 10:51 AM
I have word 2010 and its buried under FILE/OPTIONS.

If you cant find it let me know what version of Office you have.

joezThanks for that. I was wondering where the option was hidden.:):2tsup:

Chris Parks
30th September 2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you and reporting the result but I have been off work crook and will be back after the long weekend. The office version is at least back to 2007 if not earlier as the powers that be do not like to update very often and it does the job. We are still using XP and will most probably skip Win 7 at the present rate of change.

chrisb691
30th September 2011, 12:08 PM
This is for Outlook 2007.

1.On the Tools menu, click Options.
2.In the Options dialog box, click the Mail Format tab.
3.Under Editor options, click Editor Options.
4.In the Editor Options dialog box, click Advanced.
5.Under Editing Options, select or clear the Use overtype mode check box.