PDA

View Full Version : Prototype

daryl1
28th September 2011, 09:12 AM
I have been asked to design and cast a Junior Gent fountain using the badge of the Royal Australian Engineers and a particular unit name for a reunion in South Australian in October. I have used the vinyl stickers instead of the paper. The result so far is good but the air bubble problem has happened again. The previous cast, I had no problems. Guess that without a pressure pot it is the luck of the draw. Things can only get better.

Rum Pig
28th September 2011, 10:04 AM
Looks good but it might be time to invest in a pressure pot. I bought mine from supper cheap for $100 mind you I have not used it yet:doh:

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the end result:2tsup:

dai sensei
28th September 2011, 11:12 AM
Looking good mate :cool:

That silicon mold I got for you can be cast under pressure, so should solve you bubble problems on that kit :2tsup:

dj_pnevans
28th September 2011, 04:34 PM
Looks good Joe but you do need a pot. Keep it up.:2tsup:
David

munruben
28th September 2011, 06:47 PM
Looks great. :2tsup:

plantagenon
28th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Pen looks great :2tsup::2tsup:

cookie48
28th September 2011, 11:43 PM
Gee I did not know Ginger Beers could write. Very nice looking pen. They will love your final effort for sure.

Penpal
29th September 2011, 07:34 AM
Daryl,

Les in Canada does immaculate casts without using a pot he has put in libraries how to make a heat box etc cheaply. No bubbles no trouble.

Have fun

KInd regards Peter.:2tsup:

dj_pnevans
29th September 2011, 10:51 AM
Peter you can do them with out a pot but you do run the risk of them not working out. The weather has a lot to do with how they turn out. If you use a light box and it is hot out side the resin will set but may still be soft. With all casting what works with one person may not work work with some one else.
David

artme
30th September 2011, 08:19 AM
That is a sweet looking pen! Well done!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The Engineers wear a pruple diamond shoulder patch, do they not??