PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Visitors

Ed Reiss
28th September 2011, 11:45 AM
Annie and I had Aussie visitors today :U

"Old Croc" and his lovely wife stopped in and we had several hours of fun and pleasant conversation...and surprisingly I didn't have much difficulty with their Aussie accent. Of course they struggled with my US accent and slang :;

Crocky showed us a turned platter made from Queensland Maple...beautiful workmanship. He brought it over as a present for one of his longtime friends here in the US...lucky bloke!!!

RETIRED
28th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Looking very dapper there Croccy.:D

wheelinround
28th September 2011, 05:20 PM
Wow USA Oz relations growing. Looking good Ed & Ann

powderpost
28th September 2011, 08:47 PM
:2tsup:
Jim

Ed Reiss
29th September 2011, 12:10 PM
Wow USA Oz relations growing. Looking good Ed & Ann

Yea, but we didn't get around to discussing the nuclear arms reduction thing...think it might have been something important to do :?:doh:

artme
29th September 2011, 08:07 PM
:):):2tsup:

bellyup
29th September 2011, 09:20 PM
G'day Ed,
It's great to meet people after hearing and talking!
Bit like internet dating!!!
Just think - when you come over here you'll have a bed in every port.:2tsup:
Bruce

wheelinround
30th September 2011, 08:52 AM
Yea, but we didn't get around to discussing the nuclear arms reduction thing...think it might have been something important to do :?:doh:

I see the camera can take normal photos too not just micro.

I thought the discussions would have been more along the lines of "Whats stopping you turning miniature"??? :q

Ad de Crom
30th September 2011, 09:21 AM
Ed, Wow, this was for sure a very pleasant meeting.
Ad :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
30th September 2011, 10:58 PM
I see the camera can take normal photos too not just micro.

yea, but it did protest :;

I thought the discussions would have been more along the lines of "Whats stopping you turning miniature"??? :q

...oh, I don't know, maybe a little thing like I don't have a lathe anymore :q

Ed Reiss
30th September 2011, 11:02 PM
G'day Ed,
It's great to meet people after hearing and talking!
Bit like internet dating!!!
Just think - when you come over here you'll have a bed in every port.:2tsup:
Bruce

...hmmmmmm, just like back when I was in the Navy :;

RETIRED
30th September 2011, 11:30 PM
...hmmmmmm, just like back when I was in the Navy :;No No, That is BED not GIRL.:D

Tim the Timber Turner
1st October 2011, 02:36 PM
No no .

A girl and a bed in every port.

Thats the way to go:2tsup:

Old Croc
1st October 2011, 11:40 PM
Hi all, it was so nice to catchup with Ed in person, what a top bloke,:2tsup: he would fit in so well at the Prossie Turnout. Sadly on the way to see Ed we dropped in to the Phillie Woodturning centre, but they were in the process of moving and there was stuff in both shops, and not open to have a gecko, but thats life.
Off to the West coast in 2 weeks to catch up with Ticklingmedusa, and hopefully some dry and warmer weather,
catchya all,
Crocy

Ed Reiss
2nd October 2011, 11:22 AM
No No, That is BED not GIRL.:D

No no .

A girl and a bed in every port.

Thats the way to go:2tsup:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......yep! Of course it was so damn long ago, it's a distant memory:(

Old Croc
3rd October 2011, 01:07 AM
Looking very dapper there Croccy.:D

Thanks for the comment Ian,:2tsup: Tony Ferguson has worked, 14kg for me, so sad you wont be at the Prossie Turnout this year. I am spreading the word overhere at present, I am staying just on the edge of hell, according to Ed, LOL, dosen't seem that bad, but it is as cold as hell, went dragracing yesterday, and the wind chill, was a lazy breeze that prefered to go straight through me, rather than around me.
catchya all,
Crocy.

Ed Reiss
3rd October 2011, 02:44 AM
Hi all, it was so nice to catchup with Ed in person, what a top bloke,:2tsup: he would fit in so well at the Prossie Turnout. Sadly on the way to see Ed we dropped in to the Phillie Woodturning centre, but they were in the process of moving and there was stuff in both shops, and not open to have a gecko, but thats life.
Off to the West coast in 2 weeks to catch up with Ticklingmedusa, and hopefully some dry and warmer weather,
catchya all,
Crocy

"not open to have a gecko" ??? :?:?:?

RETIRED
3rd October 2011, 07:44 AM
"not open to have a gecko" ??? :?:?:?Look. Browse, sticky beak.:D

Pat
3rd October 2011, 11:49 AM
"not open to have a gecko" ??? :?:?:?

c'mon Ed, keep up with the lingo :q