PDA

View Full Version : Shed time Finally

Nai84
3rd October 2011, 08:22 PM
Hey Everyone

I have been flat out at work and home I have had hardly any time in the shed till today and I got a few done :) from left to right as follows

Pen 1: Baron II chrome wrapped in Hairy Oak went for a natural look and finished with wax

Pen 2: Sierra chrome wrapped in Pink & Lime Green chip acrylic finished with NP

Pen 3: Streamline gunmetal grey wrapped in Stromy Sea acrylic finished with NP

Pen 4: Streamline gold wrapped in Soild Pink acrylic finished with NP

Pen 5: Streamline chrome wrapped in Green & Black acrylic finished with NP

Pen 6: Streamline chrome wrapped in Pink & lime Green chip acrylic finished with NP

Pen 7: Streamline gold single piece pen wrapped in Blue & Black Stone acrylic finished with NP. This was my first go at one of these and it was awesome fun to make

All comments welcome

Ian

Pariss
3rd October 2011, 08:39 PM
Hey Ian, their all awsome :oo::2tsup:.

Nai84
3rd October 2011, 08:47 PM
Hey Parris

Thanks mate I am glad you like them

Ian

cookie48
3rd October 2011, 09:15 PM
Ian.
Nice collection there. Rekon you are proud of that lot.

Nai84
3rd October 2011, 09:22 PM
Hey Cookie

I am proud of them and it was go to be in the shed for the day

Ian

mkypenturner
3rd October 2011, 10:47 PM
hey ian nice work :2tsup: the hairy looks the best , and the one piece slim is tops , since i did my tutorial not many have tried it whats your thoughts ??

Rum Pig
4th October 2011, 08:55 AM
A few that looks like a lot not a few:doh: Well done on getting some shed time:2tsup:
All look very nice well done:2tsup::2tsup:

seriola
4th October 2011, 10:43 AM
great collection, well done:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Nai84
4th October 2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks for the feed back on the pens

Hey MKY

Thanks I had fun turning that one piece I am planning on doing some more, I had a little problem with the tube that is not glued moving while on the lathe an making the nip end out of round a little bit but I have made a little brass spacer the same size as the center band so it wont move but I have to say thanks for the tutorial maybe you should make it in to a PDF file so people can print it out just an idea

Ian

mkypenturner
4th October 2011, 04:59 PM
maybe you should make it in to a PDF file so people can print it out just an idea

Ian
hey ian
trust me if i knew how to i would :doh:

sturina
4th October 2011, 08:45 PM
Great Pens Ian. I understand the shed time dilemma, think I Gage managed an hour in the last month. Did manage to get time to try my new grinder out so the chisels are sharp when I return. Hope you find some more time soon.

Nai84
5th October 2011, 12:06 AM
Hey MKY

Ok thats cool

Hey sturina

Thanks I know tell me about ot I hope you get some more shed time soon aswell I snuk in a little more today :)

Ian