PDA

View Full Version : The Skew, the whole Skew and almost nothing but the Skew

dr4g0nfly
4th October 2011, 07:09 AM
Okay, so he does use a spindle gouge for a cove and an ogee, but who doesn't!

German Woodturning

mkypenturner
4th October 2011, 07:26 AM
just tried the link it wont work for me:?

dr4g0nfly
4th October 2011, 07:31 AM
Apologies - I copied the wrong link across.

nalmo
4th October 2011, 09:07 AM
What fantastic control to use the skew so confidently! Something to aspire to indeed.

Jim Carroll
4th October 2011, 09:21 AM
Nice clean work.

pyarra
4th October 2011, 09:25 AM
OK, this guy is clearly a rank beginner... I mean, he hasn't even mastered the basic skew cuts: the Sudden Spiral Cut (which I can modestly claim some skill with) and the Emergency Stop Cut (several hundred RPM to dead stop in less time than it takes to think "Oh!") :o

In all seriousness: this video amazes me for its skill in the use of a skew. It's a tool that I am still struggling with. I hope I can eventually gain even a fraction of the skill on display here!

RETIRED
4th October 2011, 04:00 PM
OK, this guy is clearly a rank beginner... I mean, he hasn't even mastered the basic skew cuts: the Sudden Spiral Cut (which I can modestly claim some skill with) and the Emergency Stop Cut (several hundred RPM to dead stop in less time than it takes to think "Oh!") :o

In all seriousness: this video amazes me for its skill in the use of a skew. It's a tool that I am still struggling with. I hope I can eventually gain even a fraction of the skill on display here!Well then, now is your chance to learn for free. :D http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/problem-weekend-141776/

cookie48
4th October 2011, 09:34 PM
Gee that is good trick photography aint it. Very clever man to use those tools like that, leaves me way behind the 8 ball.

rsser
10th October 2011, 11:51 AM
Impressive stuff. Love the burnish left on the beads by the skew.