PDA

View Full Version : Vm100

vk4
5th October 2011, 03:09 PM
VM 100 CHUCK

I have found my problem (refer MC900 off center), I took the VM100 Check down to VERMEC this morning, as I was still having issues with turnings out of center.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Collin at VERMEC and he checked it on their LATHE and confirmed that there was an issue.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vermec checked the CHUCK, and replaced the back JAWS, and returned the chuck all in 3 hours, talk about service.

Yes there is still some runout, but nothing like there was , and I am now very happy.:2tsup::2tsup:

Jeff

dai sensei
5th October 2011, 03:25 PM
I assume you are saying the remaining run-out is not the chuck. If it was, I still wouldn't be happy

Sawdust Maker
5th October 2011, 08:11 PM
so what was the issue - dodgy insert or something else?

vk4
5th October 2011, 08:36 PM
The runout that I can find is so small that I do not believe it worthwhile , it is miniscule.

The issue was with the scroll jaws in the chuck , not the exterior removal jaws, apparently 1 was faulty, and not in sinc with the other 3.

I have gone back to a bowl & lid I had started , the bowl is nearly finished and I ahve started to refine the lid. The runout on the lid appears to be from movement of the timber, .

Jeff

rsser
9th October 2011, 03:51 PM
Good news.

Pays to support local makers/retailers.

If we don't, we won't have any to get support from in turn.

munruben
9th October 2011, 04:04 PM
Good to hear a happy ending. :2tsup:

Ozkaban
11th October 2011, 10:18 AM
Always been impressed with Vermec. :2tsup:

I had a similar issue with a chuck insert. Carbatec Sydney sold be an insert that I hadn't used, but when I did I noticed the chuck wobbling about. Took the chuck off leaving the insert on the spindle and the insert was moving slightly. CT replaced it on the spot and verified that the insert was slightly off. I was just impressed with the lack of hassle and good old service.

Cheers,
Dave

vk4
12th October 2011, 11:05 AM
Yes , most suppliers will be happy to replace faulty products , from my experience's ,.