PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a signing board for 60th B'Day

Hem
11th January 2005, 08:46 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have been tasked with coming up for an idea for a signing board for my Mother inlaws 60th B'day in 2 weeks. :eek:
My original idea was to use a decorative piece of timber, which people can sign at the party and then I can seal it with some lacquer. My fear is that it will just look like a bread board, all be it a nice one though.

Any ideas, has anyone done something similar ?

Kev Y.
11th January 2005, 08:50 AM
MMMMMM :rolleyes: , mother-in-law, ideas...

Tombstone? :p

Sorry, can not get serious. :cool:

How about trying to obtain a baby photo, or one from her youth, mount it and get guests to sign aroung the out side?

Hem
11th January 2005, 09:10 AM
Brudda,
I think she will out live me, and I am half her age :)

A baby photo of my mother-inlaw :eek: ?
I doubt she will put that up on the wall but certainly worth mentioning the idea to the SMBO.

Shane Watson
11th January 2005, 10:16 AM
Heres a far out idea...

why not just get them to sign a piece of paper the size of your board and then get it scanned and then have the image lazer engraved into the timber...........

might take some research first, but I am sure it would be possible from what I have seen being done with laser engraving recently.

Harry72
11th January 2005, 08:33 PM
Hello Everyone, My fear is that it will just look like a bread board, all be it a nice one though. Make an outer frame to go around some glass(a big picture frame!)and then cut the signing board to fit in it, pay to use light coloured wood for the board to see the signatures easier.
Then go to a sign maker and get a nice cursive text sticker made up that say's "on your special day" stick it at the top.(on the wood)Get the guest's to sign it(give them some paper too practice on...)and assemble it at the party so everone can see your handy work before they leave, great kudo points!
You should be able to do all this for under $50 easy!(providing u use pine for the wood...)

doublejay
11th January 2005, 08:54 PM
How about a nice polished wooden dunny seat! It would be ideal for my MIL!