PDA

View Full Version : Todays Pens

Perfect Pens
15th October 2011, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

Made this lot this morning so that I could sit down this afternoon to watch the Rugby :2tsup:
They are all Cigars, with the first one on the left in Chrome dressed in Carbon Fibre which was collected by it's new owner today.
The 2nd one from the left is in Gold and dressed in an a Black and Orange Acrylic.The middle one is again in Gold and dressed in Manzanita Burl which came out looking very nice :)
2nd Cigar from the right is again in Gold and dressed in Pirates Treasure acrylic. The Cigar on the right is an Ultra Cigar in Gold and Chrome and is dressed in Carbon Fibre.

Thanks for looking
Cheers
Tony.

Ironwood
15th October 2011, 07:36 PM
Wow, you've turned out a nice batch of pens there. Hard to pick a favourite.
The first carbon fibre looks pretty sleek, but I lean towards the burl.
But what about that orange and black acrylic............

dai sensei
15th October 2011, 08:35 PM
All look good :cool:, my fav is the burl :cool:

artme
16th October 2011, 07:34 AM
A fine clutch indeed!! The Burl is the standout!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::)

JTTHECLOCKMAN
16th October 2011, 09:49 AM
Tony

Nice work on all of them. Anyone would be very happy to own any of them. I too like the burl but the carbon is a close second. Thanks for showing. Did you cast the carbon fiber blanks???

bench1holio
16th October 2011, 03:23 PM
really nice looking lot tony, i like the pirate tresure, but the manzanita is the winner for me!

munruben
16th October 2011, 05:30 PM
Very nice.:2tsup::2tsup:

sturina
16th October 2011, 06:54 PM
Great collection. Nthe Burl is a beauty but for me the Orange and Black acrylic steals the show.

cookie48
16th October 2011, 08:24 PM
Well done. Nice batch of pens. All look good and can not select the best.

gawdelpus
17th October 2011, 07:54 AM
Lookin good :) Nice assortment ,well turned and finished ,looks like you need something a bit more challenging hehe as these look like the work of years of experience :)
Cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup:

Perfect Pens
17th October 2011, 07:18 PM
Haha !! John I think your comments are right on the money :2tsup: and glad you liked the look of my recent creations!!
Its all about free time !! which I do not have a lot of at present. I am just glad to get some time now and again at the moment to make a few pens here and there, so when I have the free time guess what I'm doing and where I am.:D
Having said that I am a lot more comfortable now making pens, and much happier with my quality and repeatability, but I guess I do now need to start experimenting and try something a little bit more challenging :? I did purchase some pigments and clear casting epoxy/resin but unfortunately have not really had the time to source moulds or to make them for that matter, but I will one of these days. I do have a couple of things to try :wink: that you kindly donated to the cause when we met, its just a matter of time !!

Cheers
Tony

gawdelpus
17th October 2011, 07:24 PM
Might be time to put that CNC to work making moulds hehe ! You might even get some local sales as most of these are imported , wait till Neil gets back from Melbourne and we might be able to get together and nut something out :)
Cheers ~ John

Perfect Pens
17th October 2011, 07:27 PM
I'm all ears :2tsup:

maddog 62
17th October 2011, 09:01 PM
Tony
very nice collection of pens
well done

Pariss
18th October 2011, 07:58 AM
Great lot of pens Tony. Terrific finish and fit on them all. :):2tsup: