PDA

View Full Version : cab over truck

bobman 58
25th October 2011, 06:56 AM
hi heres the cab over truck from toys and joys mainly oak and walnut thanks for looking

bj383ss
25th October 2011, 10:19 AM
Kelrob,

Looks fantastic. All of the models you have built from Toys and Joys look like the ones on their website. Would you be able to take a shot from the back of the truck. I am curious do the plans have any detail in the suspension? One more question did you scroll saw the slots in the wheels or did you drill from the back at an angle?

Bret

crowie
25th October 2011, 11:37 AM
Just brilliant Bob,
It's come up a treat, great detail.
Love the wheels.
Well done.
Cheers, crowie

munruben
27th October 2011, 10:58 PM
Nice work, has certainly come up a treat. Well done.:2tsup::2tsup:

elderly
31st October 2011, 04:33 PM
Another very nice model Kelrob I love to see your work.
Cheers Elderly.

bobman 58
10th November 2011, 11:43 PM
hi everyone thanks for the kind comments and sorry bret for the late reply ,the truck has no suspention on it., the wheels are drilled from behind using a 3/8 drill i used the template from the gas and oil truck plans that i all ready made hope this helps bob

bj383ss
10th November 2011, 11:55 PM
Wow Thanks Bob,

What a great set of models you have to look at everyday. I suspected the truck didn't have a full suspension. I myself having OCD would have to modify that part. But the wheels are freakin' awesome. And the plan is ingenious. Sometimes things are so simple but look complicated. Thanks for sharing.

Bret

crowie
11th November 2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks Bob for the photos of you rig.
The excavator, lowloader look great behind your truck.
Very nice use of timber for the contrast.
Cheers, crowie

Dalboy
11th November 2011, 09:58 AM
Wonderful model :2tsup::2tsup: especially like the Excavator on the back would like to know who's plans it was made from

bobman 58
11th November 2011, 06:43 PM
hi thanks for the comments everyone hi derek i got the plans from woodwork craft supplies in uk they are from toys and joys bob

GaryMGg
24th December 2011, 12:33 PM
Love the threesome sittin' on the shelf. That's some fine work.

crowie
28th December 2011, 03:35 PM
G'Day & welcome to the forum Gary,
We have blokes from all over the world helping & showing off there toymaking.
Looking forward to seeing your handy work.
Cheers, crowie