PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy About This.

issatree
26th October 2011, 12:07 AM
Hi to you all,
This happened on Sun. at the end of the WWW Show.
I know this Person quite well, so I know this is true.
This Friend went to get the Wood + Items bought at the Show, that was being held in the Items Holding Area.
I was helping to pack up at the HTPAA Stand, so I was told this happened.
Could not find the Wood + Items bought, as Some LOWLIFE had gone in & taken the Lot.
Later I was talking to 1 of the Chaps in that Enclosure about what happened.
It seems that these LOWLIFES strike just as the Security Guards change Shifts. So before they have properly adjusted to the change, that is when it happens. " That's mine there, OK, so I will get it out ", or something similar.
The Better News is that My Friend will be Compensated for the Loss.

HazzaB
26th October 2011, 12:18 AM
Hey Issatree,

Bloody poor, there are some #### heads about, there should be a finger docking penalty for that sort of thing, good on the organizers/suppliers for the compensation offer.

HazzaB

dai sensei
26th October 2011, 12:54 AM
In the past when I've used them the security needed me to provide a matching ticket, so chnage of shift is not a good enough excuse and they are responsible. Good to see they did take responsibility.

Having said that, the real fault lies with the low life scum that took them.

Scott
26th October 2011, 05:03 PM
I often worry about this when dropping off expensive items to the point where, this year, I obtained a pass out to put my items in the boot of the car and then return. Sad to hear that my mistrust eventuated when I hoped it wouldn't.

Christos
26th October 2011, 07:58 PM
This is where I do not understand. Why would you go to the trouble of taking wood. You would find it very difficult to resell this and if someone took it to use in a project then that person will always be reminded that the wood was stolen.

Any item that was taken is similar very hard to get rid of.

jimbur
26th October 2011, 08:21 PM
This is where I do not understand. Why would you go to the trouble of taking wood. You would find it very difficult to resell this and if someone took it to use in a project then that person will always be reminded that the wood was stolen.
You're assuming they have a conscience Christos. I doubt if it would bother them.
Cheers,
Jim

Sawdust Maker
27th October 2011, 04:45 PM
I agree with Jim

some would look at the newly fashioned table or whatever and gloat that they 'borrowed' the wood

keep an eye on eBay it might even turn up there - or heaven forbid - for sale on the forum