PDA

View Full Version : NSW:Swap Camphor Laurel

Shedhand
28th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Hi all you Lucas millers out there. I'm desperate to get my camphor laurel tree sawn up and would be willing to split the timber 60/40 (we'll share the good stuff equally) in return for a Lucas Miller to do the job.
I can help out a bit tho my neck is stuffed.
I can't afford to hire someone in to do the job.
Its laying in my yard with easy access. It was felled about a month ago. the trunk is about 4m x 700mm dia and the thicker branches are about 2m X 300mm dia.
Any takers PM me please. I'm at Kew 35 klicks south of Port Macquarie.
Cheers
Sheddie

wheelinround
28th October 2011, 07:24 PM
Mike have you tried contacting Mal Boutique Timbers (http://www.boutiquetimbers.com/)

after all he is just up the road

turning blanks ??:;

Shedhand
28th October 2011, 08:47 PM
Mike have you tried contacting Mal Boutique Timbers (http://www.boutiquetimbers.com/)

after all he is just up the road

turning blanks ??:;I'll give him a call. Trouble is the mill would have to come to me as I can't transport it.
All right all right you tragic. I'll keep some turning blanks for you and maybe...just maybe toss in some huon for you to play with....sook! :wink:

wheelinround
28th October 2011, 09:09 PM
I'll give him a call. Trouble is the mill would have to come to me as I can't transport it.
All right all right you tragic. I'll keep some turning blanks for you and maybe...just maybe toss in some huon for you to play with....sook! :wink:

Mal has big truck n big BS might cost a bit though

Mike I didn't mean for me :doh: besides have enough Huon here ATM.

I meant for yourself getting into turning

Pat
28th October 2011, 10:08 PM
besides have enough Huon here ATM.

Speak for yourself!

Never enough Huon:U

wheelinround
28th October 2011, 10:11 PM
Your right Pat

Camphor and Huon would have to organise a certain person to pick some up for us what you reckon he frequently is up that way.:; Have to see the colour of the camphor first tho:p

dai sensei
29th October 2011, 07:59 PM
I know you may not be able to afford it, but you may have no choice to pay someone. In northern NSW and here in southern Qld we have camphor coming out our ears, and free to take away, so for a 60/40 split it may not be worth it :-.

Shedhand
29th October 2011, 08:15 PM
I know you may not be able to afford it, but you may have no choice to pay someone. In northern NSW and here in southern Qld we have camphor coming out our ears, and free to take away, so for a 60/40 split it may not be worth it :-.Oh ok. It'll prolly end up as firewood then. :(

Sawtoothmilling
1st January 2012, 06:28 PM
I live in mudgee nsw and have a mill, I am looking for some camphor.

Hi all you Lucas millers out there. I'm desperate to get my camphor laurel tree sawn up and would be willing to split the timber 60/40 (we'll share the good stuff equally) in return for a Lucas Miller to do the job.
I can help out a bit tho my neck is stuffed.
I can't afford to hire someone in to do the job.
Its laying in my yard with easy access. It was felled about a month ago. the trunk is about 4m x 700mm dia and the thicker branches are about 2m X 300mm dia.
Any takers PM me please. I'm at Kew 35 klicks south of Port Macquarie.
Cheers
Sheddie

Shedhand
5th January 2012, 09:15 PM
I live in mudgee nsw and have a mill, I am looking for some camphor.PM me your contact number mate.
Cheers
Mike