PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and request for info

peasant6
15th January 2005, 12:39 PM
Hi, I'm new to the group and I wanted to say hello. I have been doing wood work for a few years now and would like to exchange ideas with others who are interested in scrolling, pyrography and carving. Currently I am working on trying to find scroll saw patterns for border collies and Australian Shepherds. I make keepsake boxes and would like to scroll a pattern into the top of a box for a friend. Border collies and shepherd patterns are difficult to find. I believe it's because they have a very busy pattern to their coats. If anyone can tell me where I could find a pattern for them I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

scooter
15th January 2005, 10:07 PM
... I wanted to say hello...

OK, go ahead....

Just gaggin', mate, welcome aboard.

You might try a google on "Gary Browning" & "portrait" or something similar. He is a scroller who contributes regularly to a US BB (forget the one), and has posted his techniques on making your own patterns for portraits from a photo.

Good luck.

Cheers..........Sean the literal

oges
16th January 2005, 09:57 AM
Hello and welcome to a great group of people.

I am a co-moderator of this MSN group Scrollsaw Portraits http://groups.msn.com/scrollsawportraits/_whatsnew.msnw and under the Free Pattern section in the Animal category is a pattern of a Collie. Unfortunately you need to join the group to access the free patterns. I have seen a Shepherd pattern before but doesnt seem to be there at the moment. You can always make a request to have one done. I would give it a go but just busy at the moment.