PDA

View Full Version : A new toy in the shed :)

corbs
30th October 2011, 01:07 PM
Hey all,
It's not all bells and whistles but it's upgrading from a Nova TL1200 so for me its an awesome step up. To say I'm happy with it would be an understatement. Now I just need my new chuck inserts to turn up and I can start really having fun. It's going to necessitate a change of layout but I have an idea in my head that needs a little tweaking.

I couldn't wait for the inserts to show up so I screwed a bit of camphor on a faceplate just for fun:wink:. That's my news for the weekend:2tsup:

Corbs

nz_carver
30th October 2011, 01:50 PM
so do you wana sell your tl1200???

corbs
30th October 2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry NZ... the TL1200 just drove off with its new owner less than 5 minutes ago.

Corbs

nz_carver
30th October 2011, 01:57 PM
I was not the one on ebay??

bench1holio
30th October 2011, 01:57 PM
nice one corbs, theyre a good allrounder, i done everything from pens to 600mm lumps of redgum on mine (with the outrigger setup.)
youll never look back from a TL12 :2tsup:

corbs
30th October 2011, 02:17 PM
The new Nova is the one which sold on Ebay last week, the recent TL1200 on Ebay wasn't mine. A neighbour heard I had picked up a new lathe and asked what I was doing with the old one. He's the one who just picked it up:).

I think the outrigger setup is going to be my next purchase as the swing on this is the same as the old TL1200 and I want to go bigger:rolleyes:

Ross
30th October 2011, 07:01 PM
They are a great lathe. I bought the outrigger for turning large platters and soon a small shaker design table top that I have wanted to build for years.

Ross

Sawdust Maker
30th October 2011, 07:18 PM
happy new toy :2tsup:

Willy Nelson
31st October 2011, 09:31 PM
Good luck with your new Lathe Corbs
Looking forward to seeing your stuff
Sincerely
Willy

corbs
31st October 2011, 09:39 PM
the new inserts for my chucks are on the way... still a little longer before I pick up an outboard turning attachment then I can start working on some of the bigger blanks I have sitting out the back :)

artme
1st November 2011, 08:06 AM
Nice Corbs!!:):):)

I still have my TL1200 and will for some time!:C

corbs
1st November 2011, 04:16 PM
I hadn't planned on purchasing this one and only bid because no one else had. When I won the auction I paid a lot less than I thought it would go for... never say never:rolleyes:

The old TL1200 is still owned by a forum member but will allow them to identify themselves if they choose to do so:wink:

Corbs

Ruddy
1st November 2011, 05:22 PM
Nice buy....enjoy your time using it.

wheelinround
1st November 2011, 07:04 PM
:2tsup: Corbs welcome to the Nova club. Nice to see the Woodfast in the shot also.

Love my outrigger not that I have turned much big stuff but have given it whirl, just being able to turn the headstock and do inside owls for me is a winner.

I wonder if Trend might still have an old stock outrigger coming up in there sale in a few weeks.

andyd
1st November 2011, 07:21 PM
I had been thinking of buying a lathe and trying my hand at turning for some time, however I was waiting till I had the new shed finished and sorted. When Corbs told me he had just bought a new lathe I thought his old TL 12000 would be a good starting point so I bought it. Now all I have to do is get some chisels and sort out a bench and I am good to go.

Andy

munruben
5th November 2011, 10:24 AM
Congratulations on your new toy. Have fun. :2tsup: