PDA

View Full Version : Shedded Snake Skin Blank Cigar

Nai84
30th October 2011, 04:38 PM
Hey Everyone

Well I finally got to put it together with my new molds to make me a pen from my pet snake Slinky shedded skin. She has just shedded again so I will make some more down the track hopefully this one works out

Ian

dai sensei
30th October 2011, 06:58 PM
Looking good so far :cool: So what technique did you go with sticking them to the tubes? And did you cast under pressure?

Great looking molds, I ordered a heap off Fred (TownSubbie), cheaper than what I can produce them for.

cookie48
30th October 2011, 09:10 PM
They look like they have bubbles in them. Better send them here for closer examination. Well done, they will make great pens.

gawdelpus
30th October 2011, 10:05 PM
Great work there ,did you do a straight join or irregular to hide the line ,unless of course your snake shed just the right size to cover the tube with no join lol. Cheers ~ John :2tsup:

Nai84
31st October 2011, 12:49 AM
Looking good so far :cool: So what technique did you go with sticking them to the tubes? And did you cast under pressure?

Great looking molds, I ordered a heap off Fred (TownSubbie), cheaper than what I can produce them for.

They look like they have bubbles in them. Better send them here for closer examination. Well done, they will make great pens.

Great work there ,did you do a straight join or irregular to hide the line ,unless of course your snake shed just the right size to cover the tube with no join lol. Cheers ~ John :2tsup:

Hey dai sensei

I glue them to the tudes with weldbond and then also rub so glue over the top of the skin and they casted with no pressure and the molds are awesome

Hey cookie48

Thanks It did have bubbles but only on the top coz I check to make sure there none trapped inside the resin

Hey John

Thanks I used the neck part of the skin which fitted the tubes nicely so no join :cool: and I was happy with the outcome so far

Ian