PDA

View Full Version : Wood turning in Brisbane?

Willy Nelson
2nd November 2011, 11:37 PM
Evening All
I am attending a conference in Brisbane next week. I am staying at the Rendevouz Hotel.

Could anyone recomend a fine wood working/turning gallery / shop within walking distance of my hotel?

Any wood places I MUST visit????????????????

Thanks

Willy
Jarrahland

Willy Nelson
5th November 2011, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm
Well I guess there is nothing decent in Brisbane :C

Ironwood
5th November 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Willy, I only visit Brisbane occasionally, so not real familaiar with the place, but I cant think of anything close to the city. I could be wrong though.
Hopefully one of the locals might chip in and recommend somewhere for you.

Cliff Rogers
5th November 2011, 10:08 AM
I can't think of anything near the CBD but there are a couple of book shops in there worth a look...

Find this one & spend a bit of time in there... It is a 2nd hand book shop that is really worth a look.

Archives Fine Books

40-42 Charlotte St, Brisbane 4000 (map (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&q=40-42+Charlotte+St,+Brisbane+4000))

dai sensei
5th November 2011, 06:43 PM
yeh nothing that I know of within walking distance :-

BazzaDLB
5th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Willy,

Sorry I can't help you directly but I suggest you get in contact with Rob McKee from the woodturners Society of Qld. Contact details are on the back page of the on line 'turning talk' society newsletter.
http://media.tripod.lycos.com/1815868/2004113.pdf

I'm sure Rob will be able to help.

Regards

Bazza B

Willy Nelson
5th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks Fellows
Was a little dispointed intially with the response from the forum, however, when I googled search for galleries, none were forthcoming. Looks as though I shall have to get on the turps instead.
Cheers and thanks to those who responded
Willy
Jarrahland

dai sensei
6th November 2011, 11:34 AM
Why not let us know the night you are in town and perhaps have a Forum dinner somewhere on a night that suits you, at least you might get some good company and converstation :rolleyes:.

Willy Nelson
12th November 2011, 12:50 AM
Well
I spent my time in Brissy, went for a wander in the CBD and found an information booth. I posed my question about a quality wood gallery/shop. None in the CBD, the closest one the ladies in the booth could think of was Montville, 75 minutes drive away. Oh well, might be a marketing opportunity for someone
Cheers
Willy
Safely back in Jarrahland