PDA

View Full Version : Need Job, I Am A Mexican Carpenter

rolosam
16th January 2005, 03:23 PM
HELLO, I AM A MEXICAN CARPENTER AND I AM STARTING TO GET ALL THE PAPER WORK TO APPLY FOR A VISA TO WORK AND LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. IT WOULD BE EASY IF SOMEONE HIRE ME BEFORE ALL THIS.
I AM A 15 YEAR EXPERIENCED CARPENTER. I DESIGN KITCHENS, MAKE AND REPAIR FURNITURE, CABINETMAKER, GENERAL CARPENTRY.
I OPERATE BAND SAW, TABLE SAW, REOUTER, SANDERS (ALL), CIRCULAR SAW, AND ALL TOOLS ABOUT THE BUSINESS.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, GIVE ME A TIP, TELL SOMEBODY?, PLESASE. I HAVE VERY GOOD ENGLISH AND CONSIDER MYSELF WELL EDUCATED.
THANKS
ROLANDO

MY EMAIL: [email protected]

RETIRED
16th January 2005, 05:44 PM
Gooday (Aussie greeting)

It would help if you could say what part of Australia you were coming to.

rsser
16th January 2005, 06:11 PM
and what the Australian consulate advised you about work visas.

('cheers': prob British origin; precedes raising of a glass of some liquid psychotropic substance. In our case, 'amber fluid'.)

fxst
16th January 2005, 09:56 PM
cant read good tho it says woodturning not job seeking
what is it with the nthn hemisphere wanting to come here :confused:
Ok who let the secret out?? :mad:
Pete
sic em :D

journeyman Mick
16th January 2005, 11:12 PM
Ola Rolando,
in Australia the vast majority of carpenters are engaged on a subcontract basis. Supply their own vehicle and air and power tools, licenses, insurances etc etc. If you are just moving here this may not be an option for you. Often the large commercial sites will employ carpenters on an hourly rate with hand tools only. Otherwise it's possible to get a wages job in a joinery or a cabinetmakers. There is a shortage of most building trades at the moment so I doubt you'll have difficulty finding work where ever in Australia you settle.

Mick

smidsy
17th January 2005, 02:50 AM
You should go to New Zealand, that is the far eastern state of Australia - since they don't play rugby or cricket in Mexico you would fit right in because they don't play rugby or cricket (worth a damn) in New Zealand either.

Regards
Paul

MathewA
17th January 2005, 08:26 AM
You'll need to start here http://www.immi.gov.au/

rolosam
17th January 2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks For Your Comments, I Did Put This Thread Here (woodturning) Because I Thought You All Should Know General Carpenters.
I Am Planning To Go To Melbourne, But, Right Know It Could Be Some Place Else Like Sydney, Canberra Etc.
I Love Carpentry (woodworking) And I Think Australia Is One Of The Best Countries In The World To Live. Here In Mexico, I Met An Australian Woman And I Think She Is Great, Open Minded And Well Educated. She Told Me Many Things About Australia.
Nevertheless, I Like To Find A Job There. That Is Because It Would Be Easier To Get The Visa.
Best Regards To Every Australian.

Rolando

Rocker
17th January 2005, 11:29 AM
Rolando,

Realistically, I think you will be extremely lucky if you manage to get a job offer until you get your visa. It took me six months to get my visa application approved, despite the fact that I had lived in Australia previously. I do not think, however, that the fact that you do not have a job offer from Australia will count against you in your visa application. Since carpenters are in short supply here at present, you should have a good chance that your visa application will be granted, so long as you are properly qualified and are of good character, but you should expect to wait for six to nine months before it is granted.

I believe it will be helpful in getting your visa, if you state that you wish to work in some other city than Sydney or Melbourne. Since most immigrants tend to go to those cities, the Australian government is keen to encourage immigrants to go elsewhere, especially to Adelaide or Darwin, or to smaller non-capital cities.

Rocker

HappyHammer
17th January 2005, 02:36 PM
Hola Rolando,

Excusa mi espanol, tenga tu ha sido a Australia?

Quiza tu deber ven y ver por ti.

Lo es mas facil a encontrar puesto si tu eres aqui.

HH.

vsquizz
17th January 2005, 03:54 PM
Seeing as your a Mexican why not move back to Victoria:D

Anyway, jokes aside, why not contact the large employment agencies like http://www.skilled.com.au/

A good place to start until you get settled.

Cheers

silentC
17th January 2005, 04:26 PM
Hola Rolando,

Excusa mi espanol, tenga tu ha sido a Australia?

Quiza tu deber ven y ver por ti.

Lo es mas facil a encontrar puesto si tu eres aqui.

HH.
HH,

Usted debe cambiar su nombre al Martillo Feliz. :D

HappyHammer
17th January 2005, 04:36 PM
HH,

Usted debe cambiar su nombre al Martillo Feliz. :D
Quiza SilienciosoC+.

Soy ensenanza mi tres ano viejo Espanol asi aprendizaje alguno yo mismo con la ayuda de la Internet :D

HH.

HappyHammer
17th January 2005, 04:42 PM
Quiza SilienciosoC+.

Soy ensenanza mi tres ano viejo Espanol asi aprendizaje alguno yo mismo con la ayuda de la Internet :D

HH.
Paloma Espanol :o :D

MathewA
17th January 2005, 07:46 PM
DIMIA won't grant you a VISA simply because someone will give you a job. Your first step is to prove your qualifications to the Trade Recognition Association (TRA) in Aus http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplace/WPDisplay/0,1280,a0%253D0%2526a1%253D517%2526a2%253D529,00.html. To do that you will need to be a recognised journeyman in that trade and or (not sure on the or) have over 6 years recent full time (32 hours/week) employment in that trade. And it all has to be backed up with verifiable proof. Once you pass that hurdle you will then move onto DIMIA and look at what VISA's you may qualify for.

You have a couple of ways you could approach an attemp at a VISA. You could go it alone and work your way through the VISA process yourself. Or find a migration agent that will do the work for you.

Thanks For Your Comments, I Did Put This Thread Here (woodturning) Because I Thought You All Should Know General Carpenters.
I Am Planning To Go To Melbourne, But, Right Know It Could Be Some Place Else Like Sydney, Canberra Etc.
I Love Carpentry (woodworking) And I Think Australia Is One Of The Best Countries In The World To Live. Here In Mexico, I Met An Australian Woman And I Think She Is Great, Open Minded And Well Educated. She Told Me Many Things About Australia.
Nevertheless, I Like To Find A Job There. That Is Because It Would Be Easier To Get The Visa.
Best Regards To Every Australian.

Rolando

bitingmidge
17th January 2005, 10:45 PM
So Mathew, how are things progressing for you in the immigration stakes??

I have heard that only people who have been dead too long to work in the Post Office get jobs in the Immigration Dept, but that may be a malicious rumour.

Cheers,

P
:D

RETIRED
18th January 2005, 04:32 PM
ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!