PDA

View Full Version : Latest achievments

daryl1
8th November 2011, 09:59 AM
I have now been able to cast air bubble free with my pressure pot. To celebrate the occasion, I had a lazy 50 in my wallet so I cast a Sierra and it turned out fine. I figured that I can get 4 pens out of one $50 and if I sell them for $50 each I will make a profit of about $100. I also cast some army pens for some friends in South Australia the turned out fine as well. I have attached some photos of the latedt efforts.

PS. Just kidding about the lazy 50. These are the fake ones from the gold buyers but hard to pick the difference. Even had an accountant tricked

gawdelpus
8th November 2011, 11:28 AM
Well looks like your investments are paying off for you very well hehe. Good to see that you now have a reliable method to do what you love doing :) , There are so many avenues in this addiction it is hard to explore them all ,never boring though hehe, no stopping you now as you look for more variations in what can look good on a pen :)
Cheers ~ John

daryl1
8th November 2011, 12:27 PM
Thank you for your words of encouragement John. It's onwards and upwards from here. and as they say 'the skies the limit'.

cookie48
8th November 2011, 01:37 PM
Very nice pens. Congrats on you success.

dai sensei
8th November 2011, 10:38 PM
Well done Daryl :2tsup:

Be careful, casting can be more addictive than turning pens :doh:. I just used the last of my 20lt drum of PR :-

Pariss
9th November 2011, 04:40 PM
Great pens Daryl. I tell you what would be a winner re- casting something special, that would be to cast a blank with a lock of your / someones new babies hair. I haven't seen that before. :no::2tsup:. Might be one for Ian to try, eh, Nai84 ! ?

daryl1
11th November 2011, 07:22 AM
Yes, there is no limit with clear casting. That is a good idea as a keepsake for a new child. I cast a photo of a relatives dog and it turned out well. It can be as simple as looking at things in glossy magazines or brochures and cutting them out. For things like that I find the stick glue from the newsagent does a good job to stick the item to the tube and it is not messy.
As they say, only limited by the imagination.