PDA

View Full Version : Re Pomanders for Christmas

Kwors
10th November 2011, 06:17 AM
OK so it may have taken me some time, I work away from home a lot, but I’ve finally finished the pomanders. They are not quite the same as the drawings strangely I had the same failure on both.:doh:
It’s been that long that since I started them that I’m not sure how many of you will remember the original thread. But here they are anyway.
Cheers..... Keith.
http://www.kwors.demon.co.uk/images/PB060207small.JPG

dr4g0nfly
10th November 2011, 06:40 AM
No question, lot's of hard work gone into them.

Is the internal lamp and LED or small incandescent.

Also how do you do the pierced work, it it all drilled out then files for the stars or do you use a dental drill. I think it's far to tidy to be done by a mini-drill with burrs.

:2tsup::2tsup:

Kwors
10th November 2011, 07:27 AM
Is the internal lamp and LED or small incandescent.

The lights inside are Christmas tree LED lights that have several pulse patterns this gives different glow effects when they are all so close together

Also how do you do the pierced work, is it all drilled out then files for the stars or do you use a dental drill. I think it's far to tidy to be done by a mini-drill with burrs.

It’s all drilled out first and then the holes are opened up / joined together with small files.

Sawdust Maker
10th November 2011, 07:24 PM
Nice work :2tsup:

what was the failure?

Kwors
10th November 2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Sawdust Maker
The problem I had on both of them was in trying to make the double frill at the top of the stem. Both of them failed on the outer frill whilst cutting the underside of the inner frill:?. So I had to change the design slightly and put the double frill at the base of the stem. If you can find the original thread I put up a drawing to show what I was aiming at.
I’m thinking of turning caps with an ornate finial just to finish them off.
Cheers.... Keith