PDA

View Full Version : Bludy termites.

Toggy
17th January 2005, 09:52 PM
Don't you just love it. Waste years of your time & money renovating the old house. Start at the north wall and finally as I just about finish on the southern side; the bludy whire ants move in on the decking on the north side. Don't worry about treated pine doused in creosote; just build a pipe along the tp stumps and set up camp in the joints. Lucky the bearers & decking was also TP. Even luckier was the gap between the decking & REAL wood in the house and also finding them mongrels before they got there.
They can say what they like about deildrin, but at least the ants stay away from under the old part of the house.
Have rang the "nice" man who will turn up later in the week with his lolly water for them. Will have him drill some trees & try & find the nest to bait the swines.

Am I impressed; NO...

Peeved mode now off.
Ken

RETIRED
17th January 2005, 10:29 PM
A tad upset Ken?

TSHSR
17th January 2005, 10:55 PM
Not happy Ken?

I had termites run mud tunnels in through the cracks in some H4 Treated posts, then the chewed out about a 15 mm gallery all the way along 5 3m rails on the fence. The rails were 150mm diameter, H4.
The people who treated the posts said it happens sometimes that the termites can tolerate areas of the timber that are not full strength treated.

Dont you just hate having to redo something you have already done.

Tony

Termite
18th January 2005, 08:30 AM
Hey, be fair, we've got to make a living too you know. I'm on a pretty good salary with a group of local pest exterminators who give me the leads on who hasn't been sprayed, so I can move in and make my prescence known. Sorry for the damage my rello's may have caused but I'm sure it wasn't personal, just business. :rolleyes: :D
regards
Termite

Toggy
18th January 2005, 10:06 PM
I had a dig around on the decking this morning. The bustards have gone through creosote and chewed tunnels in the treated pine. I didn't think anything would eat that crap. Wrong again. Looks like I will have to go the open stump design with no base boards. That is after I pull the whole damn lot up and start again with gal iron stumps.

Ken