PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

munruben
13th November 2011, 10:19 AM
Sad news yesterday. My friend of many years passed away after a short battle with cancer diagnosed early this year. He was 57 years old. I have known him since he was 15 years of age. He is not significant to this forum but I just felt he was worth mentioning.
RIP my friend.

wheelinround
13th November 2011, 02:23 PM
John sorry for your loss it has become the scourge of todays society he is at least at rest.

Grommett
13th November 2011, 03:59 PM
John, my deepest sympathy. We too lost a lifetime friend last month. 61 was just too young.

munruben
13th November 2011, 05:37 PM
appreciate your thought guys.

rrobor
13th November 2011, 05:57 PM
I get into all sorts of problems with people with issues like this. At 19 my leg and a speeding car met and I spent a week in hospital
. In the ward was an old man with bone cancer.
One night his morphine was not enough to keep him in lala land and he screamed for God to save him. As the night progressed, he reverted to a child and screamed for mummy and daddy.
At about 4 in the morning when he was fading out, they called in his wife
At 19 I vowed I would not die of that, and I also understood that death can be a relief from a life that can not continue.
So dont see death as a bad thing, we all will face it and it may be our relief from a living hell.

wolften
13th November 2011, 09:33 PM
I get into all sorts of problems with people with issues like this. At 19 my leg and a speeding car met and I spent a week in hospital
. In the ward was an old man with bone cancer.
One night his morphine was not enough to keep him in lala land and he screamed for God to save him. As the night progressed, he reverted to a child and screamed for mummy and daddy.
At about 4 in the morning when he was fading out, they called in his wife
At 19 I vowed I would not die of that, and I also understood that death can be a relief from a life that can not continue.
So dont see death as a bad thing, we all will face it and it may be our relief from a living hell.

...amen mate...

...condolences...

Allan at Wallan
13th November 2011, 11:03 PM
Sad news yesterday. My friend of many years passed away after a short battle with cancer diagnosed early this year. He was 57 years old. I have known him since he was 15 years of age. He is not significant to this forum but I just felt he was worth mentioning.
RIP my friend.

Sorry to hear of his passing John ... well worth mentioning mate.

Allan

danny.s
13th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss John. Way too young.

HOOKED.UP
14th November 2011, 04:32 PM
John,
Any good mate, or good man is worthy of a final mention.
I am sorry for your loss.

Paul.

munruben
14th November 2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your thoughts. :2tsup:

Ad de Crom
14th November 2011, 07:39 PM
It's hard in this way to lose a good friend, condolences with this terrible loss
Ad

artme
16th November 2011, 06:45 AM
Sorry to hear that John.

Foo
19th November 2011, 08:47 PM
John,
Any good mate, or good man is worthy of a final mention.
I am sorry for your loss.

Paul.

This statement is very true and my same thoughts!

Foo

Claw Hama
19th November 2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, condolences John. Long lasting mates like that are special and usualy more like brothers.

AUSSIE
19th November 2011, 11:04 PM
Yes, condolences John. It took a bit of courage to write this.I too lost a mate in September.He moved to Tassie a few years ago and we kept in touch by phone.He didnt have a computer.In July he came over and stayed with us for a few days.He chased up some other mates and a couple of Rels.We had a good time telling stories etc.Bought some supplies,then went back to Tassie.Within a week he phones and said he had Lung cancer and they couldnt treat it.Well they gave him some but he passed away within weeks.He came to see us knowing he was very ill but didnt tell us.Luckily I took a good photo of him that I now treasure.Very hard John.
Aussie

munruben
21st November 2011, 01:23 PM
Hi funeral was last Friday, The hard part now is for his family. Time is a great healer and we have our memories.

kevjed
23rd November 2011, 01:14 AM
So sorry to hear of this loss.
Some things just don't seems fair. The loss experienced by friends and family is lingering. Know that he is no longer in pain. Be pleased for the time you had together and recall the good times. Don't dwell on the loss or the pain he suffered. Life is for the living so get on with it and be greatful for what you have each day.
Every day is a bonus...make the most of it and share with those you care for.
with respect
Kevin

Christos
23rd November 2011, 01:24 AM
My condolences as well.

IowaYank
23rd November 2011, 10:11 AM
Being in the Military for 26 years I do not have any close mates. It would be nice to have one.
I am glad you had one for all of those years, just cherish the time you had.
Cheers
Arlin