PDA

View Full Version : My Score Today!

Mrs Blackie
20th November 2011, 08:19 PM
Not long ago took some pics for the forum look at what I scored today, am so happy and excited. A drill press, the lady gave me the draws too that you will see in the pics the drill press was sitting on it, and the multi Ryobi saw table with all the accessories to all! Then you will see a Picture of a messy workshop which is the before picture which is today, because when the electricals are done and I take over the rest of the garage:D will be a proper workshop. Will post picture on completion.:2tsup:
Cheers!
Ayshen

Ad de Crom
20th November 2011, 09:05 PM
fun stuff for your workplace, place enough that I see, and women are very good at cleaning, so I am confident that this workshop will be flashy to look :2tsup:
Ad

Sawdust Maker
20th November 2011, 09:31 PM
So when it's tidy a GTG at your place, MB :2tsup:

vk4
20th November 2011, 09:48 PM
HI Mrs B,
Some nice equipment, the drill press , Table saw :welldone:& the CHAIN SAW, ( you will need some Chapps for this one).

excellent score :2tsup::thumbup:, I am so JEALOUS, , but then you KNOW how mush space I have (NOT).

Now all you need is a better BAND SAW, the GMC machine I saw REALLY needs to be replaced, have a look at the machine tools section - band saws and there is a thread where you can build your own, .

Jeff

Mrs Blackie
20th November 2011, 10:01 PM
When all done and said, I think the workshops going to be pretty big:D and still plenty of space left over thats if I do it right and yes we might just have to have a get together in my workshop that would be so much fun! Vk4 yes I have just been surfing the net for a bandsaw, the lady sold the one she had, I was willing to buy it...but I missed out:C was a hare & forbes one. just signed back in here to see if I see any on here.
Cheers!
Ayshen

wheelinround
20th November 2011, 10:22 PM
:repplus:

don't get rid of the little BS they do come in handy almost as good as a scrowllsaw.

You need a new drill press table but it'll do for now.

Shed size well mine 1/4 of that

I can get you good deal on BS

Mrs Blackie
20th November 2011, 10:28 PM
The little one I can use on my finer work, though hubby was under the impression once I get a big one I would sell the other but no luck! :roflmao: I got the fever now, I realised today how addicted I have become to buying machines and tools, I was looking around the poor womans shed like a hawk to see what else I could score, she must have noticed and gave me a lot of accessories and a hole cutter set :D, will also talk to Bill about the bandsaw and open to your suggestions too. I mean I could just come to your place and take yours:q...Oh! I also scored some paper bark today but not sure if that is the proper name for the tree, is light of colour and much bigger so I really do need a bandsaw asap :D
Cheers!:2tsup:

Mrs Blackie
20th November 2011, 10:38 PM
Yes I will be making a new drill press table for it with blank inserts so all I have to do is pop them out and insert a new one when they get that damaged, this one is also loose, so I will make one to fit the frame and stand snug so it doesn't turn with the piece I'm working on.

vk4
20th November 2011, 11:30 PM
HI Mrs B,

I think that 14" is a fairly usable size, there are several on E-BAY , and they do turn over fairly quickly.

The good thing about the H&F and Carba-TEC machines are that they are generic as far as parts go,. There is not a lot that goes wrong with them and they are simple to adjust and repair, .

I would look for a machine with :
1 230mm throat
2 150mm cut ht min
3 cast iron table
4 adjustable fence( left or right side)
5 readily available spares
6 roller guides
7 1 hp motor min.

just a few thoughts , now just convince your other half.

cookie48
21st November 2011, 12:34 AM
Great score there Mrs Blackie. Love the sign in the back ground allso. ( mind if I use it allso)
lenty of work in front of you, but you will do it for sure.

dr4g0nfly
21st November 2011, 05:52 AM
Call that workshop a mess, come and see mine!

munruben
21st November 2011, 07:03 AM
Nice score, well done. :2tsup::2tsup:

Mrs Blackie
21st November 2011, 11:38 PM
Thank you All! to be honest all I want is this electrical work to end so I can get back on track again I'm having withdrawals bigtime:lbs: I'm starting to go loopy lol, then empty the back side of garage as you can see theres chairs and god knows what I have lounges and a sofa bed there and much more I want to get rid of and take up the whole garage to myself. Cookie? go for it use it I love the reaction of people when they read it:D and I tell them the last person that touched my tools is burried under the pools retaining wall:happyb:. VK4? please stop reading my mind and answering my questions before I ask them, I came home tonight thinking I will sign in here and ask you guys what suggestions you have about what size I would need for a bandsaw lolll and you have already answered my question that I no longer need to ask, so thank you for the info helps a lot, because I wasnt sure of what I should get. Oh! and my hubby is all good about it convincing? whats that? I tell him then ask after I buy them:roflmao:then thank him for his support...I know I know I am a naughty lil witch. He is kicking himself atm because that lady had a bandsaw too and when I told him ho wmuch she wanted he nearly fell out of his chair, so I had a think too and though I better not do it now just wait might find another some time soon, but think I missed out bigtime was only $450 and was a proper one we use in the Cumberland Woodworkers Inc. :doh:
Cheers!
Ayshen

wheelinround
22nd November 2011, 07:42 AM
Unless Bill bought a new BS they only have a baby type. Do a search on here for Bassato 4 much nicer bigger cuts :2tsup: Not cheap

vk4
22nd November 2011, 09:07 AM
HI Mrs B,

NO I'm not CLAIRVOYANT, tough my wife says I am at times:D:D,

Looked at the Bassto 4 and the H&F equivalent, the Bassto looks a slightly better machine on make , and I have seen good reports on the forum, .

You just need to workout what the BUDGET will allow and the other half will allow :rolleyes::rolleyes:, without having a heart attack:roflmao:.

Take your time and have a look around ..

Jeff
vk4