PDA

View Full Version : Burl Sale

MitchB
21st November 2011, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, a good mate of mine is selling up all his burl so he can go traveling.
He has bowl and pen blanks, sanded slabs and large table slabs. They are Australian hardwoods. I will be there both days helping him out so come and have a look :2tsup:.
His address is 32 St. James Pl Appin, which is 10min from Campbelltown and 45 from Sydney. His mobile is 0409607340. Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th.
Hope to see you there, Mitch :)

Scott
22nd November 2011, 09:45 AM
Ohhh, sad, I live in Melbourne and just drive through Sydney the other day. Do you have an inventory and would you mail?

Cheers.

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 11:53 AM
We havnt made an inventory just yet, mailing or courier shouldnt be a problem. If you contact Dennis im sure he will be able to steer you in the right direction on what he has. I will try to head out this afternoon to get some more pictures. Anything in particular you where after?

Scott
22nd November 2011, 12:11 PM
Not fussy mitch however I prefer the pre cut round stuff such as the burl in image (imag0143.jpg), would be easier to post as well. What would he sell those for?

Thanks for the reply.

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 12:21 PM
No worries at all mate, i will have to have a yak to him about prices. If i manage to get out this afternoon ill go through with him and mark some prices and ID numbers on the round burl and take pictues so you can pick what you want :2tsup:

wheelinround
22nd November 2011, 03:27 PM
Hum Pat just live over the hill.

Scott
22nd November 2011, 05:56 PM
No worries at all mate, i will have to have a yak to him about prices. If i manage to get out this afternoon ill go through with him and mark some prices and ID numbers on the round burl and take pictues so you can pick what you want :2tsup:

Cheers Mitch.

I_wanna_Shed
22nd November 2011, 07:04 PM
Hum Pat just live over the hill.

And I'm over the valley on this side of Appin.

Do we need to phone ahead Mitch?

Nathan.

wheelinround
22nd November 2011, 07:51 PM
And I'm over the valley on this side of Appin.

Do we need to phone ahead Mitch?

Nathan.

Nathan where have you been hiding thought you'd gone bush given turning a miss or mrs has a list for you

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 08:37 PM
Not fussy mitch however I prefer the pre cut round stuff such as the burl in image (imag0143.jpg), would be easier to post as well. What would he sell those for?

Thanks for the reply.

Hey buddy, managed to get out there today for a while and took some photos

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 08:41 PM
Another one :)

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 08:48 PM
Last of the single ones i took but following post will have what i managed to get layed out and marked with him today. :2tsup:

MitchB
22nd November 2011, 08:53 PM
Dont worry about calling ahead either Nathan, we will be there and ready from 8 :2tsup:
There is a whole heap more,so you gents should definitely come :2tsup::2tsup:

Pat
24th November 2011, 07:18 PM
Mitch, what time on Saturday will you be open to?

MitchB
24th November 2011, 08:18 PM

Havnt really set a closing time but i would say around 5.30. What time where you thinking?

Pat
24th November 2011, 08:57 PM
Hello Mitch, earlier than your stated time. It all depends on several factors out of my control. I'll ring if I am going to make it.

Thanks for your reply:2tsup:

MitchB
24th November 2011, 09:15 PM
Hello Mitch, earlier than your stated time. It all depends on several factors out of my control. I'll ring if I am going to make it.

Thanks for your reply:2tsup:

No worries at all buddy! Look forward to meeting you :2tsup:

wheelinround
24th November 2011, 09:53 PM

:U I knew you couldn't resist :p

hughie
24th November 2011, 11:54 PM
I'll be there around 8.00-8.30, does he have red mallee burl whole, or chunks?

MitchB
25th November 2011, 08:59 AM
I'll be there around 8.00-8.30, does he have red mallee burl whole, or chunks?

I know for sure that there is a slice of red mallee burl root but i will be sure to ask him when i see him this afternoon and if he does ill have it ready for you to look at. Look forward to meeting you :)

Pat
26th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Burls, Burls, Burrs, Burrs Slabs, blocks, rounds and natural. There is a metric :censored2:load left.

wheelinround
26th November 2011, 04:45 PM
Burls, Burls, Burrs, Burrs Slabs, blocks, rounds and natural. There is a metric :censored2:load left.

So did you fill the new car and or trailer. :2tsup:

hughie
26th November 2011, 05:00 PM
Picked up three good chunks of Euc Burl, there plenty there I doubt if it all go today.

Be aware tho' the three chunks I have picked up have live borer in them. I will be freezing the smaller and the others will be taking a long swim in a drum of water. :)

MitchB
26th November 2011, 05:06 PM

Haha there certainly is! Thats why you should come back Pat! :D
Had a good today meeting a few fellas from the forum but as Pat said there is a heap left!
I took some more pictures this afternoon of everything layed out and THE SUN WAS OUT! Which was a welcome change from this morning :rolleyes:
Anyway guys there is more than what's in the photos hope i get to meet/see some more of you tomorrow
Cheers, Mitch :2tsup:

Mr Brush
27th November 2011, 12:56 PM
If anyone is looking for burl, I'd highly recommend a visit :2tsup:

Dropped over to Appin this morning to pick up a few chunks, but we've hardly put a dent in it so far. More burl than you can poke a stick at.....

Thanks MitchB

sturina
27th November 2011, 01:56 PM
Damn shame I am working all weekend. Any chance there will be any available during the week or next Sunday?

MitchB
27th November 2011, 07:17 PM
If anyone is looking for burl, I'd highly recommend a visit :2tsup:

Dropped over to Appin this morning to pick up a few chunks, but we've hardly put a dent in it so far. More burl than you can poke a stick at.....

Thanks MitchB

No worries at all mate! Welcome back anytime :2tsup:

Damn shame I am working all weekend. Any chance there will be any available during the week or next Sunday?

Hey sturina, there is still a heap left! What day where you thinking of during the week? Anything in particular (there is lots of everything :rolleyes:) you were looking for?