PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 150

BobL
24th November 2011, 12:26 AM
I went around to BILs place this evening to talk recommendations regarding purchasing myself a small inverter/welder for myself for Xmas. My current welders are;
- a $99 CIG Bunnings special I bought about 5 years - it has a 4 stick duty cycle - 4 continuous electrodes at 75A and I have to wait for 20 minutes for it to cool down.
- I also have an ancient and noisy CIG Transarc on loan from forum member Franklin which I have used quiet a bit over the last few years but it gets pretty noisy.

Anyway, I came away from BILs with a Rainbow 150 on permanent loan. And just to top it all off I also got half an hour instruction and advice. Anyone know anything about these machines?

Karl Robbers
24th November 2011, 08:18 AM
I went around to BILs place this evening to talk recommendations regarding purchasing myself a small inverter/welder for myself for Xmas. My current welders are;
- a $99 CIG Bunnings special I bought about 5 years - it has a 4 stick duty cycle - 4 continuous electrodes at 75A and I have to wait for 20 minutes for it to cool down.
- I also have an ancient and noisy CIG Transarc on loan from forum member Franklin which I have used quiet a bit over the last few years but it gets pretty noisy.

Anyway, I came away from BILs with a Rainbow 150 on permanent loan. And just to top it all off I also got half an hour instruction and advice. Anyone know anything about these machines?

Made by CEA. So should be okay.
I have used their mig welders and they were okay.
It has auto arc force control and electrode anti stick features.

BobL
24th November 2011, 08:38 AM
Made by CEA. So should be okay.
I have used their mig welders and they were okay.
It has auto arc force control and electrode anti stick features.

Thanks Karl. I'm looking forward to having a play with this thing. First project will be making a new welding bench.

warrick
24th November 2011, 09:33 AM
This may help, it compares a whole bunch of inverters
http://kondiningroup.com.au/web_multimedia/startDownload.asp?strMultimediaFileName=FA181-16.pdf

Warrick

BobL
24th November 2011, 09:57 AM
This may help, it compares a whole bunch of inverters
http://kondiningroup.com.au/web_multimedia/startDownload.asp?strMultimediaFileName=FA181-16.pdf

Warrick

Thanks - it does sound like it is a nice unit.

welding
30th November 2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the link to the pdf Warrick. I noticed the Chinese version of the BOC welder actually beat the Finland made BOC machine and the Finlandese :oo: version was almost 4 times the price. As to the rainbow machine, they are good, Bobl you got a great deal