PDA

View Full Version : Built in wardrobes

DavidC
20th January 2005, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can find sliding door tracks and solid timber doors either pac maple or MDF ???

I have been to various wardrobe companies but there asking too much for each door. There must be somewhere to obtain doors and the internal fixtures like Oval shaped aluminium hangers instead of old fashion chrome round.

Your input appreciated

simon c
21st January 2005, 08:22 AM
Bunnings?

jackiew
21st January 2005, 09:47 AM
Bunnings has a big range of sliding door fittings but whether they are modern or old fashioned I couldn't tell you.

simon c
21st January 2005, 10:28 AM
I was thinking of Bunnings in relation to the tracks and doors themselves, I wouldn't buy the fittings from Bunnings - maybe look at hettich http://www.hettich.com.au

Jack52
22nd January 2005, 02:13 PM
Is there a Lincoln Sentry outlet in Sydney?? If so great and cheap place for cabinet making hardware.

MF3106
23rd January 2005, 02:56 PM
Is there a Wilson & Bradley outlet in Sydney - I had some fitted wardrobe doors fitted a year or so ago & W&B have the exact system I require when I do my next project myself.

Jon
25th January 2005, 09:04 PM
I put built in wardrobes in two of our bedrooms last year. I used "Hume Smart Robe" which gave me the doors, tracks and jams in a pack at a competitive price to buying the parts from bunnies. They come in a large variety of sizes.

I bought them from a door place in the industrial park behind the Maccas at Kings Park/Kings Langley ( near Blacktown ) Doors plus or other door places should have the Humes catalogue.

Jon

Beelzebub
26th January 2005, 10:05 AM
Try Hafele their catalogue has a whole section chockers full of sliding door tracks and all the accessories you need.
Hot tip from Beelzebub!