PDA

View Full Version : Ralph?

craigb
21st January 2005, 02:59 PM
Looks like 'ol Ralph finally gave up on us.

No new posts since 21/12/04.

:o

Wood Borer
21st January 2005, 03:08 PM
I've been away and trying to catch up on many things so I didn't notice he wasn't there.

I enjoyed many of his quizzes especially the general woodwork ones.

bitingmidge
21st January 2005, 03:10 PM
Unless he's logged on now as SailingAmerican :D :D :D

(sorry Ralph! :D )

I thought he was going away for a bit, but the last post of his says "see you on the 26th" .

Surely he doesn't give up that easy!!

P
:D :D :D

Grunt
21st January 2005, 03:15 PM
I was thinking the other day about those who are missing in action.
There was Ralph, Hovo, Bob Wilson and probably a few others.
And let's not forget Kenmil

Wongo
21st January 2005, 03:16 PM
The man is nearly 70. Lets hope everything is OK.

What about our own hovo (Jim)? It is still school holiday isn’t it?

Rocker
21st January 2005, 03:22 PM
I saw Kenmil not long ago; isn't it about time his royal straight flush of red marks was expunged? He doesn't deserve to be branded for ever.

Perhaps we should get our rep points deleted every year; I notice everyone posting int his thread has reached the max. We don't want to get complacent.

Rocker

Zed
21st January 2005, 03:29 PM
I thought kenmill was banned for slagging excessivley and potentially bringing legal action against U & Beaut. if this is the case (Not saying it is) then he should stay banned.

craigb
21st January 2005, 03:42 PM
Way I remember it is he had a hissy fit and left of his own accord.

silentC
21st January 2005, 03:43 PM
I saw Kenmil not long ago
You saw him in person? How many heads has he got? :D

Grunt
21st January 2005, 03:47 PM
Way I remember it is he had a hissy fit and left of his own accord.

I think with some parting abuse.

simon c
21st January 2005, 03:58 PM
Perhaps we should get our rep points deleted every year; I notice everyone posting int his thread has reached the max. We don't want to get complacent.

Rocker, not sure if you saw my post about Reputation Levels but I was suggesting we re-assign the points some how.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=14403

You should note that not everybody has maxed out yet. You have <I>a brilliant future</I> which means you have between 1500 and 2000 rep points. Although the lights under our names max out at about 1000 re points.

Simon

Rocker
21st January 2005, 04:25 PM
SilentC,

It seems I was mistaken about kenmil; his last post was in May; I must have seen an old thread.

Rocker

silentC
21st January 2005, 04:33 PM
SilentC,

It seems I was mistaken about kenmil; his last post was in May; I must have seen an old thread.

Rocker
In light of your post above, I should give you a red rasberry to keep you on your toes in future ;)

Sturdee
21st January 2005, 05:05 PM
I thought he was going away for a bit, but the last post of his says "see you on the 26th" .

I saw that too the other day and thought he meant the 26th January.

Maybe because it is an Aussie forum he plans to make his comeback on our national day.

Peter.

Sturdee
21st January 2005, 05:13 PM
I was thinking the other day about those who are missing in action.
There was Ralph, Hovo, Bob Wilson and probably a few others.
And let's not forget Kenmil

How could we forget our friend Kenmill when he left in such a fiery blaze :D :D :D and our friend Hovo, The Universal Man (equally unable to do a vast (but decreasing ) range of activities), has decreased his range of activities from posting status to lurker. :eek:

Come back Jim, we miss you.

Peter.

Rocker
21st January 2005, 05:19 PM
SilentC,

You are a hard taskmaster; I thought that I should get a greenie for promptly admitting an error and correcting it. Do I have to grovel, and sing "Advance Australia Fair' too? :)

Rocker

Sturdee
29th January 2005, 07:12 PM
Looks like 'ol Ralph finally gave up on us.

No new posts since 21/12/04.

His final post on the 21st December said "To days quiz will be the last one till after Christmas, so I would like to extend my holiday greeting to all of you folks in the land of OZ. See you on the 26th. "

However this did not occur as he has not resumed with his quizzes on this board. There has been speculation that maybe Ralph, who is usually so punctual, was not well.

Notralph meanwhile stepped in the breach and whilst others are searching for Notralph's true identity I searched the net for evidence of Ralph.

I am pleased to announce that I found evidence that Ralph is well because on an other board he has indeed resumed his quizzes on the 26th December and has continued since.

Regrettably it appears that his quiz of the 21st was his final post. Whether he no longer appreciated our wonderful style of answering his questions :D , which is a bit different than what he was used to from his fellow seppos, or that he does not like the usurper ( Notralph) we will probably never know.

So the quizzmaster Ralph is gone, long live Notralph the new quizmaster.

Respectfully, ( to use Ralph signof )

Peter.

echnidna
29th January 2005, 07:18 PM
Respectfully, ( to use Ralph signof )

Peter.

Now that's not an Australian signoff :p :p ;) ;)

Sturdee
29th January 2005, 07:22 PM
Now that's not an Australian signoff :p :p ;) ;)

Ofcourse not, I was plagiarising Ralph's signoff by way of a last hooray. :D :D :D

Surely you guys know by now that " Respectfully" is not a normal part of my vocabulary. :p :p :p

Peter.

simon c
29th January 2005, 07:25 PM
Whether he no longer appreciated our wonderful style of answering his questions :D , which is a bit different than what he was used to from his fellow seppos

I could imagine that if I was from overseas and could find a local board that was as high a standard as this then I'd probably stick with the local board as the information will always be a bit more relevant.

Not that I don't value the input from our overseas members is just that the suppliers, the wood, terminologies, etc are different and there are times when you need some more local information.

Good luck to Ralph

Simon