PDA

View Full Version : New Mens Shed

colbra
3rd December 2011, 09:27 AM
Hi All
This is just a short note letting people know that there is a new men shed in the Woy Woy area at Birdwood Ave and Lens Ave Umina. I have no more information at the moment if you have some let us know. I will find out more and post it up as it become available to me.
colbra:)

HOOKED.UP
3rd December 2011, 02:18 PM
Well done on the new shed.

Paul.
TasmanMensShed.

colbra
6th December 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi All
This is just a short note letting people know that there is a new men shed in the Woy Woy area.
It is at Birdwood Ave and Lens Ave Umina. I have no more information at the moment if you have some let us know. I will find out more and post it up as it become available to me.
The Woy Woy Umina Men Shed meets every Monday at 9am they are just organizing them selves they have a couple of grants,some machinery and hand tools also they are going to have a community vegetable patch.
I have been told all welcome. keep looking here if I find out more I will post it up.

Avery
6th December 2011, 09:32 PM
Hope it all goes well!

A vege garden is a great idea. It is great when sheds move outside the standard woodwork thing - not that there is anything wrong with that. Variety is the spice...

The NSW Central Coast seems to have a good number of sheds all doing excellent work.

colbra
18th December 2011, 11:33 PM
Hi All

Well there has been a good bit happen since I first found out and told you about the new Umina Woy Woy Men’s Shed.
For starters I have joined up and under way with a project I thought I might mention it here because it may be of interest to other sheds if you follow the link.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f19/jigsaws-need-help-please-144989/ you will see what’s happening.
I have finished the first jigsaw puzzle it’s for my Mum who suffers from that debilitating sickness. What I have done is use an old photograph I am now 65 yrs. and the picture was taken when I was about 5yrs old Mum can remember old photographs so I turned it into a jigsaw puzzle in the hope it may stimulate her thinking process it’s only just an idea. and not necessary mine.
There may be other sheds already doing this type of thing if there is I would like to hear more about it from them. Or on the other hand if there is any interest I am happy to pass on my little bit you can Private Message me or get me through my email which is on my contact profile.
I will show you my first attempt at doing the jigsaw. The picture is very old and the pieces have been made quite large to make things a bit easer to put back togther.
colbra:) ps to all the sheds have a Safe and happy Christmas
and may your saw stay sharp and your nails go in straight