PDA

View Full Version : Need someone in Brisbane with Metal lathe

Betterblasters
5th December 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi, Mike is my name. I need someone in Brisbane (preferably Southside) with a metal lathe. I have been mucked around by about a half dozen engineering places for my small project, leave my aluminium with them, drawing etc, told they couldn't do it till next week, go there two weeks later so they have plenty of time... awww sorry mate haven't even looked at it.
It is so frustrating as I am a Fitter/Machinst by trade (bit rusty out of the trade for a while) but I know how little is involved as it is a couple of simple nozzle ends I am wanting to make from aluminium.
I would like if someone here could help me out. I am happy to pay for time and lathe usage. Would prefer if we could work on it together, that way I could become less rusty in skills and you could know the machine is a ok....
If you can help me out please send me a message both here and to
[email protected]
Really appreciate it
Cheers
Mike

Bryan
6th December 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Mike and welcome. It's a nice change to get a request from someone who understands what they want and how to achieve it. I would help if I was closer. I hope someone up your way will step up. Maybe someone needs some blasting done...?

Betterblasters
6th December 2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Mike and welcome. It's a nice change to get a request from someone who understands what they want and how to achieve it. I would help if I was closer. I hope someone up your way will step up. Maybe someone needs some blasting done...?

Thanks Bryan, yes I hope that someone does step up. And yes I could look at doing something with our Soda Blasting...
Cheers
Mike

Avery
6th December 2011, 11:28 AM
You might want to contact a Mens Shed in your area. They may be able to help. If you were in Sydney you could have used our lathe.

There are some contact numbers here

Men's Sheds: Shed Locator (http://www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=locator)

damian
6th December 2011, 11:32 AM
I've got a hercus you can use if you want, but you'll have to sharpen your own tools. I've got some of those little carbide tools and some HSS, but the latter are all blunt.

I'm terribly time poor so I can't do the job for you, but if your desperate enough the little 9 1/2 is available.

I know they are a bit of a toy and depending on how big your job is it might not suit, but if your desperate let me know.

Betterblasters
6th December 2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks Damian. If you could email me your phone details and we can chat.
[email protected]
Cheers
Mike

Betterblasters
6th December 2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Avery, yes I did think of mensheds. I hadfound a website that listed some in our area but none mentioned metal lathes, mostly wood.
I do think I will like to get intouch with mensheds though as I am sure I could contribute in various ways....
Cheers
Mike
http://www.betterblasters.com.au (http://www.betterblasters.com.au/)

damian
7th December 2011, 02:01 PM
email sent. If you don't get it let me know as yahoo has been unreliable in the past.