PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed with Router Lathe

the_snowcub
23rd January 2005, 06:23 AM
Just been given a Vermon American Router Lathe, part number 852. Anyone got any ideas where I can download a user manual from please? Tried the manufacturers, but they have failed to answer emails. Many thanks

gatiep
23rd January 2005, 12:28 PM
How about a Google search for 'router lathe'. Anyway, they are not rocket science to figure out. Just assemble it by seeing what fits where and to operate it will be clear.

:)

the_snowcub
24th January 2005, 06:17 AM
Searched Google as my first port of call - couldn't find what I needed. Will just have to play and hope for the best. Thanks for your suggestions though

BrianR
27th September 2005, 11:57 AM
There's plenty of references to the Trend Router Lathe on Google, is it like yours?

Gil Jones
25th January 2006, 01:32 PM
http://www.vermontamerican.com
The only 'Vermin' Americans I know of are a few politicians.

Don51
28th January 2006, 06:29 PM
Snowcub,
I have a router lathes but no manual. I bolted a small Elu plung router to the plate inserted a blank and turned the handle. The first attempt was like a spline shaft, the second a spiral. I only have pictures on the side of the box to use as a guide.
I will drag out the digital camera in a couple of day they may help

Don Scott
Gwynneville
Australia

Arno
12th February 2006, 09:49 PM
Have a look on eBay for a while - there are some Vermont items offered for sale with manual and if you ask nicely maybe you can get a copy of the manual (for a fee I would assume).... The other suggestion would be to ask Vermont direct - they have a support centre on their website, there are manuals there but not for the router lathe.

Buttonswapper
7th May 2006, 09:03 PM
If still needed goto the TREND site and download there instruction manual they are identical bits of kit, or email me and i'll email you a copy

doug the slug
10th May 2006, 07:38 PM
Just did a google search on vermont 852 router lathe and the only useful thing it did was to refer me to this thread!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stephen Mc
13th July 2006, 05:20 PM
They are pretty much play and figure out to be honest. Hard to put the wrong thing in the wrong spot.
A good router is the key, grunty and reliable.
I've had one for a year or so and, after many modifications by my father in law, I can almost repoduce the same cut in the same path.
Beware, lots of sanding for hollow spirals my friend.
Check my string for results. http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=34441
If you have any questions, help where I can.

Stephen

crazymatelot
3rd August 2006, 06:58 PM
I have a router lathe manual, it may not be suitable for yours. I have it in PDF format so if you want it, just email me, and I will send it.

Dave Jones

RETIRED
7th August 2006, 05:11 PM
Snowcub has not been on here since 24th January 2005.:D