PDA

View Full Version : Blatant RipOff at Xmas

Auskart
11th December 2011, 03:55 PM
An Ebay store called Ozmexxxxx1 seems to be blatantly trying to rip people off for Xmas, have been watching a few of his items, but 1 in particular stands out "20Pce (3-20mm) HSS Tin-Coated End Mill & Slot Drill Set" 6 weeks ago it was $95 inc post, 2 weeks ago it was $115 inc post, today it is $135 inc post. Didn't know postage went up that quickly!!!

Same seller had a 100mm Machine vise for $69 inc post 6 weeks ago, now $85 inc post, might be one to steer clear of in the future.

morrisman
11th December 2011, 04:42 PM
An Ebay store called Ozmexxxxx1 seems to be blatantly trying to rip people off for Xmas, have been watching a few of his items, but 1 in particular stands out "20Pce (3-20mm) HSS Tin-Coated End Mill & Slot Drill Set" 6 weeks ago it was $95 inc post, 2 weeks ago it was $115 inc post, today it is $135 inc post. Didn't know postage went up that quickly!!!

Same seller had a 100mm Machine vise for $69 inc post 6 weeks ago, now $85 inc post, might be one to steer clear of in the future.

Maybe he has brought his prices up to be closer to his competitors .. I have got a few items from him , he is a good dealer . His prices are normally quite lower than others are . I have no complaints MIKE

Auskart
11th December 2011, 04:48 PM
I have bought from him in the past as well and had no complaints, that's how I noticed the prices have gone up. Still doesn't alter the fact that it looks like he is trying to gouge people at Xmas.

matthew_g
11th December 2011, 06:38 PM
They all do it. Dosn't matter if they are on Ebay or normal shops.. I like to think I am smarter than the average bear and do all my Xmas shopping throughout the year.. Boxing day sales are good for next years pressies.. Also if you like Ebay make your purchases towards the end of the financial year...
Just my thoughts..

PS.
Make sure you get your fuel before the public holiday period it will be cheaper.

.RC.
11th December 2011, 07:34 PM
I am not sure if CTC prices have gone up a fair bit as well.... Postage seems to be the killer from CTC...

eskimo
13th December 2011, 11:26 AM
Boxing day sales are good for next years pressies..

since when can you get engineering tools eg lathes mills and tooling etc etc on boxing day...didnt know they had sales in this area:D i thought it was restricted to tv's and irons and womens clothing

19brendan81
13th December 2011, 02:10 PM
"Postage seems to be the killer from CTC... "

Yep, I recently put in an order and wasnt impressed at how much I had to pay for postage. i bought lots of small items and the postage just kept going up and up and up. Unfortunately I needed them urgently and didnt have time to stuff around contacting him about it or getting him to ship by sea. Despite the postage costs, he is still a fraction of buying the same stuff in oz.

Machtool
13th December 2011, 06:01 PM
I wouldn’t think that December would be a particular good month for them. So I’m not sure why they would be gouging. Industry stops buying by this time of the month, they don’t want stuff sitting around until mid January, while everyone is at the beach, and they are looking to find Holiday pay next week.

Apart from a few blokes like ourselves, that want to pick up their own Christmas present, I’d figure trade would be down. And I don’t know about you blokes, but my disposable income, is sort of allocated to the Turkey, Ham and the brides credit card debt in the next few weeks.

I’d tend to pick up things off them through the year. Not for Christmas. There’s too many other things to be spending money on at this time of year.

Regards Phil.

Swarfmaker1
14th December 2011, 09:24 PM
OzMeStore is LPR Tool Makers from SA. I've done business with them. No problems in dealing but much of their stuff can be had cheaper from OS .

steran50
15th December 2011, 08:58 PM
OzMeStore is LPR Tool Makers from SA. I've done business with them. No problems in dealing but much of their stuff can be had cheaper from OS .

HI:),
That seems Odd to Me as LPR Toolmakers are in Broadford, Victoria and Ozmestore is in Port Adelaide, South Australia. I will Say though I too have dealt with both Companys and always had good Service.

steran50
15th December 2011, 09:02 PM
Blatant Rip Off, Yeah just like this Item I just found on Ebay Magnetic Swarf Remover. machine accessory | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-Swarf-Remover-machine-accessory-/180776425265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a171d5731).

Auskart
16th December 2011, 07:30 AM
Check out this joker..21/2" H/DUTY DRILL PRESS VICE HAND METAL CLAMP AIR TOOL | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/21-2-H-DUTY-DRILL-PRESS-VICE-HAND-METAL-CLAMP-AIR-TOOL-/250857582763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a6846f0ab)

Swarfmaker1
16th December 2011, 07:35 AM
Chances are I have it wrong although LPR used to conduct autions on their website until they learnt about eBay and then there were links off the LPR site to an eBay store. I'm sure it was ozemestore. I don't see any links off the LPR site to eBay now and they have redesigned the website since I was there last, probably a few years now. Anybody remember that?

That seems Odd to Me as LPR Toolmakers are in Broadford, Victoria and Ozmestore is in Port Adelaide, South Australia. I will Say though I too have dealt with both Companys and always had good Service.

Big Shed
16th December 2011, 07:43 AM
Ozmestore and LPR Toolmakers are definitely 2 different entities, I have dealt with both.

LPR trade on Ebay as

THE ENGINEERS SHOP items - Get great deals on Engineering Tools, TAP AND DIES SINGLE SIZES items on eBay Stores! (http://stores.ebay.com.au/THE-ENGINEERS-SHOP?_rdc=1)

and they are located in Broadford Vic, they always attend Model Engineers exhibitions , in fact I bought a knurling tool from him at the last one in Bendigo.
They have their own website as well

http://lprtoolmakers.com/

Ozmestore is located in Port Adelaide SA, and I have bought stuff from him as well and actually picked up some items from him such as my X2 Mill and also a 63mm Milling Vise.
I think he only sells through Ebay.

In general Ozmestore is much cheaper than LPR Toolmakers.

.RC.
16th December 2011, 08:31 AM
Check out this joker..21/2" H/DUTY DRILL PRESS VICE HAND METAL CLAMP AIR TOOL | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/21-2-H-DUTY-DRILL-PRESS-VICE-HAND-METAL-CLAMP-AIR-TOOL-/250857582763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a6846f0ab)

bwa ha ha, we should all tell him he has a typo with the price on his $20 drill press vice...

eskimo
16th December 2011, 09:57 AM
bwa ha ha, we should all tell him he has a typo with the price on his $20 drill press vice...

it might be made out of gold:rolleyes:

matthew_g
16th December 2011, 10:16 AM
If you read the description compleatly you will find it's a typo.....

Stustoys
16th December 2011, 10:30 AM
If you read the description compleatly you will find it's a typo.....
No its not.(unless of course I am missing something and it wouldnt be the first time)
There is something going on but I don't know what or why(though I do have a couple of ideas), I have seen other sellers do this. To save me putting up all the links, go to "other items" then sort by "price highest first"
51mt RETRACTABLE INDOOR OUTDOOR CLOTHESLINE AIRER DRYER | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260820178055)

Stuart

R W
16th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Blatant Rip Off, Yeah just like this Item I just found on Ebay Magnetic Swarf Remover. machine accessory | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-Swarf-Remover-machine-accessory-/180776425265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a171d5731).

Paid $63 for one of these at a good quality tool store, thought it was more than enough.

R W
16th December 2011, 01:54 PM
Have found LPR excellent to deal with.
Would not buy from OZMxxx, as they have never answered any emails sent regarding their
products.

Stustoys
16th December 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi R W,
I've found exactly the same thing with ozm when asking about products(it took 3 emails to get an answer about frieght on a mill). So I've bought items from him not expecting any help if there was a problem. The 2 items I have had problems, emails were answered fairly quick and replacements sent. One was a broken tube on a fluro light which I thought he would say "take it up with Aus post", but he just sent another.
Strange.

Stuart

19brendan81
16th December 2011, 02:23 PM
Ozmestore flat out refuse to answer any emails...its relly bizarre. I actually got a reply from him once and feel quite priveledged.

In his defence, he always posts very quickly and the products are basically as described with accurate photos. he is the cheapest in oz for most metalwork tools, however CTC works out about the same and has a broader range including some better quality stuff. This is where I shop now.

Dave J
16th December 2011, 04:24 PM
I maybe the lucky one here as he has answered the few questions I asked about the price of combined postage, but that was a while back. I have his name in one of my emails, so I always start it with HI ****.like I know him.

He has also backed up his products with me. Last year he sent me one of those combination centre sets for the tailstock and it had a heap of run out. I sent him an email about with the run out amount, and told him I could also send him a video of it if he wanted it, but. He just told me to send it back reply paid and he would replace it. The second one arrived and was spot on. The first one turned up in a timber case from memory, and the second was in a plastic blow case, so probably a different supplier, or at least a different batch.

I have bought a couple of smaller things off Len, but he charges like a wounded bull. He recently put up some 4 inch lathe dogs, nearly $90 each with postage, though compared to Hare and Forbes selling a 38mm one for $44 I suppose it's not to bad for over here.

I bought a set from EZ accessories in the US and the largest one was 2 inch, and it was only $10, so they are burning us with prices over here as they are all coming from China and both sellers are paying taxes. Postage cost me nothing as they where just flat rate box fillers, but even if you bought a 2 inch dog posted on it's own is only $28 from the US.
Lathe Dog 2" Bent Style High Grade Iron Brand New | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lathe-Dog-2-Bent-Style-High-Grade-Iron-Brand-New-/390372568386?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item5ae404ad42)

Dave

Pete F
16th December 2011, 05:05 PM

Wow! Whatever happened to an old speaker magnet in a plastic bag ... or a rare earth magnet glued to a dowel and shoved down a piece of PVC for those who like fancy solutions. :oo:

steran50
16th December 2011, 08:30 PM
I have always had My Questions answered by Ozmestore.
I actually asked the Vice Seller a Question about the price. Here is the Reply Quote Hi, item is currently out of stock and is listed this way to stop people purchasing the item in the meantime - this way we don't loose our selling history, stock is due in 2-3 weeks and prices will be adjusted then. End Quote.

Personally I don't think its the way to operate a Ebay Business. I have seen other Ebay Sellers do the same thing.

Swarfmaker1
19th December 2011, 08:22 AM
That's it, Engineers shop and OzMEstore are filed in the same part of my brain, I recalled the wrong one.

Ozmestore and LPR Toolmakers are definitely 2 different entities, I have dealt with both.

LPR trade on Ebay as

THE ENGINEERS SHOP items - Get great deals on Engineering Tools, TAP AND DIES SINGLE SIZES items on eBay Stores! (http://stores.ebay.com.au/THE-ENGINEERS-SHOP?_rdc=1)

and they are located in Broadford Vic, they always attend Model Engineers exhibitions , in fact I bought a knurling tool from him at the last one in Bendigo.
They have their own website as well

lprtoolmakers.com (http://lprtoolmakers.com/)

Ozmestore is located in Port Adelaide SA, and I have bought stuff from him as well and actually picked up some items from him such as my X2 Mill and also a 63mm Milling Vise.
I think he only sells through Ebay.

In general Ozmestore is much cheaper than LPR Toolmakers.

.RC.
19th December 2011, 12:19 PM
I bought a Ridgid electric threader of ebay but it had no cutting heads.... Priced a full set from Sydney tools and that was $1500...

They sell in the US for $700..

And people wonder why we shop overseas...