PDA

View Full Version : Attended Vietnam Vets Today

PenTurner
13th December 2011, 07:45 PM
Went to Boronia RSL where the Vietnam Vets were have their general meeting, I was introduced via Maurice whom I met while in Hospital.
I showed some pens , in particular the Slimlines we send to the troops, with the hope that the Vets may be able to gift some money towards kits, which in turn we can make for the troops.
On behalf of Ubeaut Woodwork Forums -Pens for the Troops- I gave 15 pens to the Vets as a thank you for their service (remember, these were the ones who risked their lives only to come home and be spat at!!!!!??)
The pens were made by Graham---Sundowner in conjunction with myself, here is praying that we may get support for this worthy cause, and if you are in a position where you could make some pens for the troops and need some kits, the go to man is Sam--- Simomatra, send him a PM. thanks, Amos:)

Grommett
13th December 2011, 07:55 PM
Good bit of networking Amos.:2tsup:

mkypenturner
13th December 2011, 08:14 PM
im sure they would have liked them and suprised at what this forum is doing for the servicemen and women serving overseas

Simomatra
13th December 2011, 08:34 PM
Great stuff Amos, well done :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: thanks also tp Grahame:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

floody_85
17th February 2012, 11:25 PM
That's great Amos. Well done. I drilled and glued my blanks today. Although I'm only doing 5 pens, I feel extremely satisfied and proud to give something back to the troops. I have an enormous amount of respect for our troops, as I'm sure everyone here does. I can't wait to turn them tomorrow, and look forward to doing more on the future.

PenTurner
22nd February 2012, 11:22 PM
As you you can see from the other threads, Boronia Vietnam Vets have supported Pens for the Troops in a big way, our thanks goes out to them; also remembering that some of our members #### Vietnam Vets and pitching in with gusto-Thanks-and thanks to all who have and are making Pens For the Troops. Amos:):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
23rd February 2012, 11:43 AM
As you you can see from the other threads, Boronia Vietnam Vets have supported Pens for the Troops in a big way, our thanks goes out to them; also remembering that some of our members #### Vietnam Vets and pitching in with gusto-Thanks-and thanks to all who have and are making Pens For the Troops. Amos:):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Well said Amos. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: