PDA

View Full Version : Pens for Anzac Day 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Simomatra
14th December 2011, 10:04 AM
As time has passed to get the pens to the troops for Christmas, all pens received from now will be sent to the troops for Anzac Day 2012. The box is already seeded donations towards pen kit welcome just let me know and we will organise someone to turn them

Lets make this a memorable Anzac day

Grommett
31st December 2011, 10:49 AM
I'm in to turn a few. What's the deadline? Any donated pen kits appreciated.
Cheers

sundowner
31st December 2011, 03:20 PM
some steamline kits on the way.sorry i wont be turning for awhile,tendons crook
Graham

Simomatra
1st January 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks Michael and Graham

Cut off will be somewhere about the last week in March.

Sorry to hear about the tendons Graham a speedy recovery with them.

I am just about over my pneumonia so should be able to get back in the shed soon as well.

A happy New Year to you all as well

PenTurner
1st January 2012, 12:16 PM
Sam, it is with great joy I have seen the wonderful response by members of our Forum to "Pens for the Troops", :)Thank you for all the background work you have done, :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:and a Happy New Year to you and all the members here. Amos:2tsup::)

Simomatra
3rd January 2012, 12:36 PM
Sam, it is with great joy I have seen the wonderful response by members of our Forum to "Pens for the Troops", :)Thank you for all the background work you have done, :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:and a Happy New Year to you and all the members here. Amos:2tsup::)

Thank you Amos and all who contributed a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all

cookie48
3rd January 2012, 09:52 PM
Sam.
Will be doing a few as soon as I can stand at the lathe again. (broke my ankle having a bonding weekend trial bike riding with my sons)

Simomatra
4th January 2012, 08:32 AM
Sam.
Will be doing a few as soon as I can stand at the lathe again. (broke my ankle having a bonding weekend trial bike riding with my sons)

Cheers Cookie

Better take care with this bonding bit, I hope you are on the mend and get back to normal fast. Last and only time i rode a MB wa when I was a young fella ended up in my mates fathers vegie patch enough said.

Take care no need to hurry we jave plenty of time, hope to have some kit donations soon as well

Simomatra
14th January 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi all sorry I have been back in hospital, not the way I wanted to satrt 2012

We have had a donation of kits from Graham aka Sundowner, he is unable to turn due to hand problems but has sent some kits. Would someone put their hand up to turn them. Many thans Graham i hope ypur hans get better soon

Cookie is also out of action due to his ankle, get well soon mate and take it easy

I would like to get the pens away for Anzac day by the last week in March so we need to get cracking.

Happy turning all

gidgee 1
14th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Sam
Put me down for some (up to 50).
Cheers
gidgee 1

Simomatra
15th January 2012, 09:18 AM
I'm in to turn a few. What's the deadline? Any donated pen kits appreciated.
Cheers

Will get some to you as soon as I get your address again via PM, mant thanks Michael

Simomatra
15th January 2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Sam
Put me down for some (up to 50).
Cheers
gidgee 1

Many thanks Matthew

Will get some to you as soon as I get your address again via PM

maddog 62
27th January 2012, 01:16 AM
Hello Sam
in the process of making 10
if you can PM me your address will get them to you as soon as they are done
cheers Tony

Simomatra
31st January 2012, 08:31 AM
Many thanks Tony PM sent

David Mitchell
31st January 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi Sam,
I will make a few and send in March
Regards
David:2tsup:

Simomatra
1st February 2012, 06:43 AM
Hi Sam,
I will make a few and send in March
Regards

Many thanks David, we are looking for all we can get at the moment.

Grommett
1st February 2012, 07:42 PM
Parcel sent today. Can do more,slowly. Kits appreciated.

Simomatra
3rd February 2012, 12:08 PM
Parcel sent today. Can do more,slowly. Kits appreciated.

Many thanks Michael the pens arrived safely this morning.

This was a combined effort as Graham can not turn he supplied some 50 kits and 20 went the Michael. Michael has done a great job and turned some beautiful pens. Many thanks to Graham and Michael.

We are still looking foe pens or donations of pen kits or blanks dig deep and make this a memorable Anzac Day for the troops

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/20120203_114829.jpg

Ironwood
4th February 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Sam, is there a date that you need these pens by to be able to send them on.
I have some kits and blanks on the bench waiting for me to get a start on them, but my bussiness is keeping me very busy lately.

If anyone needs some timber blanks for the Troop pens, send me a PM and I will send some out. I could probably spare 50 to 60 blanks, I'll divide them up between whoever responds.

Simomatra
4th February 2012, 11:31 AM
Hi Sam, is there a date that you need these pens by to be able to send them on.
I have some kits and blanks on the bench waiting for me to get a start on them, but my bussiness is keeping me very busy lately.

If anyone needs some timber blanks for the Troop pens, send me a PM and I will send some out. I could probably spare 50 to 60 blanks, I'll divide them up between whoever responds.

G'day Troy

To allow them to get there on time I need to send in the last week of March. Many thanks for the offer of blanks lets see if anyone wants them. I also have blanks if anyone wants them.

If you want blanks just reply in this thread blanks are for the troops only of course

Ironwood
4th February 2012, 12:24 PM
G'day Troy

To allow them to get there on time I need to send in the last week of March. Many thanks for the offer of blanks lets see if anyone wants them. I also have blanks if anyone wants them.

If you want blanks just reply in this thread blanks are for the troops only of course

Thanks Sam, I will do my best to get some done, I should get some spare time soon.

By the way it's Brad, not Troy.
Troy is the other guy from Mackay, we are both very handsome, so we are easily mixed up. :D

Simomatra
4th February 2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks Sam, I will do my best to get some done, I should get some spare time soon.

By the way it's Brad, not Troy.
Troy is the other guy from Mackay, we are both very handsome, so we are easily mixed up. :D

Sorry having a senior moment :p:p:p

Simomatra
8th February 2012, 10:18 AM
Just had a another delivery.

This time from Gidgee1 aka Matthew for doing the turning and supplying the blanks and Graham aka Sundowner fro donating the kits.

Some stunning lamination work here Matthew. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The tally at the moment stands at 88 pens come on turners we need some more.

We have turners will to turn if you just want to supply some kits.

We have blanks available for anyone needing them for this project just send me a PM if you want some

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5099.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5098.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5100.jpg

Ironwood
8th February 2012, 10:43 AM
Those pens are stunning to say the least. Well done Matthew.

gidgee 1
9th February 2012, 06:38 AM
Glad to see the pens arrived.Thanks to Graham aka Sundowner for donating the pen kits.:2tsup:
The laminations turned out nicely,thanks for the kind words.
Cheers
gidgee 1

Simomatra
11th February 2012, 10:03 AM
Wow! The pens for Anzac Say are up there, here is the latest from Tony aka Maddog62

Many thanks Tony I think you wil start a war all on your own with these ones.

They are the real McKoy no kits all bullets with a lovely note and cases for all. well

done Tony.

There are actually 10 one did not like itds photo taken camera shy :p:p Senior moment

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5110.jpg

cookie48
11th February 2012, 08:40 PM
OK. It looks like the pens are going real upmarket. Well done fellows. Our troops deserve the best and it looks like they are getting them. Now all I have to do is get my leg working again and get some done. Once again well done folks.

Ironwood
11th February 2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, some nice pens being sent this time.
I better get my thinking cap on and get started on my lot.

PenTurner
12th February 2012, 08:53 AM
WOW!!!! some beautiful work in them, wonderful, Amos:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::)

Simomatra
12th February 2012, 09:37 AM
Just packed the first box and it contains 98 pens, well done everyone but we still need more lets try and break 200

What do you all say make this a memorable Anzac Day for the troops

Simomatra
15th February 2012, 01:55 PM
Wow! 200 passed this morning and 200 kits to be made excelent stuff everyone.

A great big thankyou to Amos and Graham here are the pictures of the 100 I received this morning. Some of the Sierra ones have laser inscribed what timber they are well done Amos

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5125.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5124.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5123.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5121.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5126.jpg

munruben
15th February 2012, 02:06 PM
Wow! that's incredible Sam. great to see.:2tsup:

cookie48
15th February 2012, 07:55 PM
WOW great work Amos & Graham.

Treecycle
16th February 2012, 05:09 AM
Great work Amos and Graham, top effort for a good cause.:brava:brava:brava

Simomatra
17th February 2012, 11:22 AM
Many thanks to Brad aka Ironwood six more pens and a nice bunch of blanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Simomatra
17th February 2012, 11:23 AM
Many thanks to Brad aka Ironwood six more pens and a nice bunch of blanks

Still learning how to use the Galaxy tablet

http://img.tapatalk.com/7a95ef54-9dee-c175.jpg

floody_85
17th February 2012, 05:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/7a95ef54-9dee-c175.jpg

They look great. What kind of kit are they? I drilled a glued all of mine today so hopefully turn them all tomorrow.

Ironwood
17th February 2012, 07:05 PM
They look great. What kind of kit are they? I drilled a glued all of mine today so hopefully turn them all tomorrow.

They are just a Slimline kit, but I discarded the centrebands and glued 1mm thick black and white styrene sheets onto the ends of the blank to get that effect. The pens are about 11.5mm thick at the centre, I think they are a bit fatter than a Streamline from memory.
Certainly changes the appearance and feel of the pen in the hand. Better for bigger hands.
My wife prefers the look of the standard metal centreband, but I like these better. There is lots of room for experimenting with different colours and combinations, I've got some 3mm thick black perspex to try another time.

munruben
17th February 2012, 07:27 PM
Nice work, I like those bands. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

floody_85
17th February 2012, 11:01 PM
They are just a Slimline kit, but I discarded the centrebands and glued 1mm thick black and white styrene sheets onto the ends of the blank to get that effect. The pens are about 11.5mm thick at the centre, I think they are a bit fatter than a Streamline from memory.
Certainly changes the appearance and feel of the pen in the hand. Better for bigger hands.
My wife prefers the look of the standard metal centreband, but I like these better. There is lots of room for experimenting with different colours and combinations, I've got some 3mm thick black perspex to try another time.

Good thinking. They look really good. Although they are comfortable, sometimes I get bored with the look of slimlines..this is a great way to jazz them up.

Do u make then in a long length, turn them to size and then cut them up?

Ironwood
18th February 2012, 07:59 AM
Good thinking. They look really good. Although they are comfortable, sometimes I get bored with the look of slimlines..this is a great way to jazz them up.

Do u make then in a long length, turn them to size and then cut them up?

I just cut the blanks, glued into the tubes, sanded the ends square, glued on the styrene sheets,( I put a black and white on the bottom tube, and a black on the top tube ), run a drill through the tube and out through the sheets then cleaned up the hole with a round file, then turned and finished as per normal.
I am sure there are many more ways to do it, but thats how I cobbled them together as I went.

floody_85
18th February 2012, 08:47 AM
Sounds good. I might have to give that a try

Simomatra
18th February 2012, 01:34 PM
I am waiting on the order to come in and then I will send out the kits to those waiting:D:D

Simomatra
20th February 2012, 01:36 PM
A nice selection of pens has gone to Eddie at operatiom Mazurka this morning

FXST01
20th February 2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks Sam and crew. :2tsup:

Simomatra
22nd February 2012, 02:55 PM
By now some of you received blanks with your kits these are donations from Brad aka Ironwood, many thanks Brad

Simomatra
28th February 2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard the turners of the Tweed Woodies Club, they have volunteered their time to make up 50 pens :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Well done Terry and the men and women of the club :2tsup:

Simomatra
1st March 2012, 02:22 PM
Packages sent to Sturina and Tweed Woody today eaxpect them monday.

sturina
1st March 2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks, have a few days of next week so will hopefully get some done.

Simomatra
3rd March 2012, 10:25 AM
50 Magnificent pens received from Matthew aka Gidgee1 yesterday, they are ourstanding, thank you Matthew. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The kits are some of the kits sponsored by the Boronia Veitnam Vetrans Association and David from Timberbits

I need tp start using a tripod to help my shaking hands

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5127.jpg

seriola
3rd March 2012, 10:43 AM
Magnificent is right, stunning, congratulations on a job extremely well done:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
3rd March 2012, 03:50 PM
A better image taken with camera on a tripod

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5133.jpg

PenTurner
4th March 2012, 06:05 PM
Mate!! just blown away!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:,fantastic work, Amos:2tsup::)

Ironwood
4th March 2012, 06:28 PM
They are are fantastic lot of pens alright, well done Gidgee1 !!
There will be some happy faces receiving those beauties !!

Touchwood
6th March 2012, 12:45 AM
Hi Simonmatra
could you please supply me (PM) with your address - I have the name, town and state but 'recon the postie will need a few more clues!!! :;:; I think I had it some where but seems to be suffering from 'old timers' more and more :o:o:o
20 pens about to come your way
JD

P.S Gidgee1 - did you make your blanks or buy them? They are very cool ... if bought, from whom please? If hand made, you have WAY too much time on your hands and should make some for me!!!

gidgee 1
6th March 2012, 06:16 AM
hi guys

Thanks to those who donated the kits,that allowed me to have a little play:2tsup:.

Thanks also for the kind words,it is amazing how the camera can make things look better than you perceive them yourself.

Touchwood
I made the blanks,there was a tutorial recently on the forum (I'd post a link but my computer skills don' extend that far).
It's a good way to use "some" of those small bits of wood that are too good to throw away.
( PS Don't tell anyone ,but I have a couple left,if you pm me your address I'll send a them your way)
cheers
gidgee1

sturina
6th March 2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Simonatra, gotmy parcel today, will be glueing tubes tonight I hope.

Touchwood
6th March 2012, 08:33 PM
Pens went in the post today - hopefully they'll have a tail wind!

JD

Avery
6th March 2012, 08:48 PM
Can someone here please PM me the address to which I should send my finished pens. TIA.

Simomatra
7th March 2012, 03:57 AM
Hi Duncan PM sent, I have not had internet

Sam

Simomatra
9th March 2012, 10:58 AM
G;day Duncan

Thanks mate the pens arrived safely a minute ago. I hope to get some pictures posted this afternoon

sturina
10th March 2012, 08:33 PM
Just an update. I excitedly drilled and glued the pens when they arrived. Unfortunately I have managed to damage some tendons in my ankle and am now couch bound for a week. Hopefully I can get back to work on them later in the week.

Simomatra
12th March 2012, 12:37 PM
Stuart

Just get yourself better mate the pens can wait, I hope your tendonds mend quickly

Simomatra
12th March 2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks to Don Penrose 10 more pens have arrived.

I will endeavour to get some pictures up, unfortunely my computer had a virus and has been down for a few days

Simomatra
17th March 2012, 09:53 AM
Sorry for the delay I have been ill once againand also no computer.

Many thanks to Duncan aka Avery, Don Penrose and Jenny Dunlop aka Touchwood for the fantastic sets of pens I have received. Jenny has even hand sewn and embroided the covers :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

This year we will be sending pens to Agghanistan, Timor and the Solomons, Eddie has informed me that the ones for Op Mazurka have arrived

Duncan's pens

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/_MG_5168.jpg

Don's pens

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/_MG_5171.jpg

Jenny's Pens

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/_MG_5172.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/_MG_5173.jpg

PenTurner
17th March 2012, 06:09 PM
Amazing work, well done, and what a lovely touch from Touchwood!:):2tsup:Amos

Touchwood
18th March 2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks Amos .... a girl can NEVER have too many toys!!!!

Sam, hope you are feeling on top of the world again soon - good to see the pens rolling in ... are we going to beat all records this time???

JD

cookie48
19th March 2012, 07:04 AM
Sam,Amos.
I am back, but slowly does it at first. When ready would like to start again. Prob missed Anzac day pens tho.
Cookie

Simomatra
19th March 2012, 10:46 AM
Sam,Amos.
I am back, but slowly does it at first. When ready would like to start again. Prob missed Anzac day pens tho.
Cookie
Just take it easy Cookie, I have m ade a start on the ones you glued up will post some pictures when I get home currently at the hospital having an infusion. actually I have made my first closed end pen.

Simomatra
19th March 2012, 04:52 PM
My start on some pens, the lot on the left are blanks form Ironwood and the pens on the right are ones that were started by Cookie before he got ill. I hope to have some more by next week

The left bottom two are my first attempts at closed end pens no special tools were used

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/_MG_5175.jpg

Simomatra
21st March 2012, 03:13 PM
Many thanks to Terry Fahy and members of the Tweed Valley Woodcrafters Association we have received back 50 completed beautiful pens.

Many thanks to you all especially the first timers, i hope ypu enjoyed the experience I am sure they will be appreciated by the troops. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

A photo sent by Terry of some of the pens I will psot the full set tomorrow

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/pensfortroups002.jpg

Simomatra
21st March 2012, 03:37 PM
At a quick count with counting all sent so far we will send in excess of 400 pens this Anzac Day. Well done all :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Please if you have kits please send them back to me as we need to send them on ASAP :p:p

So far pens have gone to operation Mazurka and I now have an address and wil send pens to Afghanistan, Timor and the Solomons. I I here back form the resident Naval ship in the gulf they will also get some.

Thank you all for making this a great Anzac Day

sturina
21st March 2012, 05:10 PM
Hi Simonatra. If you pm your address I'll post what I've been able to do so far. When are you sending them off? I have done fourteen but dont have much time in the next few weeks.

Avery
21st March 2012, 05:36 PM
very well done Simomatra! Champion stuff.

Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

cookie48
21st March 2012, 08:24 PM
Bravo to all turners that assisted in this great effort. Well done.

Grommett
21st March 2012, 09:25 PM
I have done a few more but will hold them for the Christmas muster. A great effort by all involved.

Simomatra
22nd March 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi Simonatra. If you pm your address I'll post what I've been able to do so far. When are you sending them off? I have done fourteen but dont have much time in the next few weeks.

PM sent

Simomatra
22nd March 2012, 04:12 PM
I have done a few more but will hold them for the Christmas muster. A great effort by all involved.

No problems give me a PM if you want some kits

Grommett
22nd March 2012, 09:36 PM
I am OK for another 20 from stock. Perhaps another 20 for Xmas, have enuf blanks for that. I could add another 10 Sierras for the Padres. Now head down for winter.

Simomatra
25th March 2012, 03:40 PM
My first from the wizard and it will be going to the troops for Anzac Day

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5238.jpg

David Mitchell
25th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Hi Sam,
I will have 5 pens to you by week end.
Regards

Simomatra
26th March 2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Sam,
I will have 5 pens to you by week end.
Regards

Many thanks David

All you other out there with oustanding kits we need them this week to ensure they get there for Anzac day

Simomatra
26th March 2012, 09:26 AM
Some more pens from the kits from the Boronia Vietnam Vetrans Association and Timberbits

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5242.jpg

Simomatra
26th March 2012, 12:35 PM
14 more beautiful pens arived this morning from Stuart aka Styrina :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Many thanks Stuart

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5243.jpg

Simomatra
28th March 2012, 02:10 PM
Many thanks Des aka Seriola, your pens and hand made covr have arrived terrific job:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5245.jpg

Simomatra
28th March 2012, 02:20 PM
The kitchen table ready to start posting, alas we still have 80 kits out there that were donated that have not been returned as yet :((:((

If you are watching please let me know whats happening you know who you are

With the pens that have already gone to Op Mazurka we are snding over 400 pens the extra 80 would push it close to 500

Well done all terrific effort they are going to Afghanistan, The Solomons and Timor :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5244.jpg

PenTurner
30th March 2012, 11:37 AM
WOW!!! great work, thanks to everyone who has put time into this. Speaking to Sam I here some of our contributors have had various ailments--in fact sounds like a football team!!:oo::D, one has had knee reconstruction, another has been not well in another way, etc etc. hope all of you get well for the next lot!!:).It is very encouraging to see the overwhleming response, keep it up. Amos :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::)

Simomatra
30th March 2012, 03:25 PM
I sent 385 pen this morning 26 more already gone and Nick is posting his direct makes approximayetly 440 pens Congratulations everyone. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

There are stil some pens in transit to me I will be away to after Easter so will post when I get back home

Simomatra
12th April 2012, 11:55 AM
Sorry for not getting these up earlier but I have been away.

Here are the lastest pens that have been received

Firstly from Floody85
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5613.jpg

Next Gloria
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5615.jpg

Next Paulphot

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5612.jpg

Next from David Mitchell

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5614.jpg
Note the engraving on the pen
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens%20Anzac%20Day%202012/_MG_5616.jpg

Many thanks to you all they are much appreciated

I am now receiving pens for the Chhristmas drive

FXST01
27th April 2012, 05:37 PM
Your magnificent pens have been handled out to the majority of the troops here, the rest will be done this arvo at 1300 h. They love them. :)

Photos to follow.

P.S. Got some hats to follow.

Simomatra
29th April 2012, 02:27 PM
Your magnificent pens have been handled out to the majority of the troops here, the rest will be done this arvo at 1300 h. They love them. :)

Photos to follow.

P.S. Got some hats to follow.

Many thanks Eddie look forward to the photo;s

Simomatra
2nd May 2012, 09:31 AM
I thought that I had left plenty of time for the pens to arrive by Anzac Day but they only arrived yesterday

Below are two emails I have received, well done everyone :2tsup::2tsup:

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the box of pens, they arrived today.

They are really excellent and are causing quite a stir among the people here. I have started handing them out and I expect you will start to receive some thank-you emails and letters in return.

Not only are they appreciated because they are hand-made but also because everyone needs a pen and so these gifts are very functional and practical as well.

Thank you very much for your efforts on behalf of the troops here.

God bless you for your work

James

J.M.PEARCE
CHAP

FSU-6

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi Bruce
I am Bruce mills currently deployed overseas and Chaplin Pearce gave me one of your pens I am just emailing to say thank you and it is appreciated.
Regards

B.A. Mills
WO2
CSM
FST KAF

Touchwood
2nd May 2012, 09:50 PM
I thought that I had left plenty of time for the pens to arrive by Anzac Day but they only arrived yesterday

I would think that gives the troops two special days - ANZAC Day (because it is special to all Australians) AND the day they got something they were not expecting!!! A bit like late birthday presents, just extends the fun!

Well done to all who made the effort to make a pen or two!

JD:aussie5:

Mort
3rd May 2012, 02:14 PM
Touchwood is correct. ANZAC DAY was pretty busy where we are and the pens would not have received the focus they deserved. But now ANZAC Day is in the past, the pens are the new really big thing happening here. Thanks for thinking of us.

Sawdust Maker
3rd May 2012, 03:19 PM
Umm

Small apology - I was to make pens for the ANZAC Day push. I missed Sam's deadline but with his agreement I posted them to the worthy central point myself just after easter - seems unlikely to have got there yet given the posts above

anyway this is what I sent...

a special thanks to the sponsors whom supplied the wherewithall for the kits

Simomatra
3rd May 2012, 03:23 PM
Great stuff Nick al lined up like good troops

Simomatra
3rd May 2012, 03:25 PM
Touchwood is correct. ANZAC DAY was pretty busy where we are and the pens would not have received the focus they deserved. But now ANZAC Day is in the past, the pens are the new really big thing happening here. Thanks for thinking of us.

Welcome aboard Mort it our pleasure to make pens for yu guys any chance of a picture of what you received?

Simomatra
3rd May 2012, 05:20 PM
Another email of appreciation

Bruce,

Our Chaplain, James Pearce, has just been around the workplace and handed out some of your hand made pens. It will come in very handy over the next 6 months of my deployment in Afghanistan. I would like to say thanks and am happy that you have used some of your time to manufacture and donate them to the Aussie troops on operations around the world.

Kind regards,

MAJOR Chris McKendry
OP Slipper
Afghanistan

And another from an allied soldier

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Mr. Sanders,

I am a US Army Soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am working
with numerous Australian service members, and my boss, WGCDR Mark Larter
RAAF gave me one of the pens that your organization sent over here.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your supporters for this
marvelous and PRACTICAL gift. I very much appreciate it and if I wasn't
typing this e-mail I would be writing with it right now.

Please pass along my gratitude to your comrades.

Very respectfully,

SGM H.H. George Luedtke
Reintegration Cell
Stability Division
HQ RC(S), 82nd Airborne Division
Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan

UNCLASSIFIED

Attn: Mr Bruce Sanders

Bruce,

Just a quick note of appreciation. I received a wood turned pen from our
Chaplain today and he explained your program. Please pass on my thanks
to the folks at Boronia VV Assoc.

The pen will be very well used I can assure you.

All the best,

Steve Pata`
Major (Aus)
Afghanistan

PenTurner
3rd May 2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks to those who have sent their thanks for the pens, the letters are greatly encouraging. Amos:):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

floody_85
3rd May 2012, 11:03 PM
It's great to see the troops enjoyed there pens. Good work to everyone involved especially simomatra for all the hard work!