PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO's right - ARRRRRGGGGHHH

inaminit
24th January 2005, 11:34 PM
Before I make my humble confession please do not banish me, show pity in my weakened state and be gentle.....

SWMBO was r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-(gasp)-right!!!

There I said it. It's off my chest. My shame is out there for all to ridicule!!!

To all those who have provided guidance and profound insight in what was to be my crowning achievement (replacing the deck, posts, balaustrade etc) I thank you and humbly appologise. Your words of wisdom, have been truly inspiring.

But alas, I must a-a-a-a-a-a-agree with SWMBO and postpone my crusade for the holy outdoor entertaining area grail, and focus my attentions on vanquishing the growing list of "almost" finished projects inside the humble abode.

But all is not lost...I see this as merely a momentary lapse of reason, and anticipate a return to my spiritual journey in the near future. Ohhh and what an achievement it will be....a gleaming new northern box deck, solid and durable balaustrade, posts that will actually support the roof, storage boxes, and table all made by my hand!!!!

It is with regret that I must be in agreance with my beloved SWMBO, but I have come to the realisation that in order to achieve such nirvana, one must be clear of mind, spiritually centered, free from distractions and overdosed with obsession!!!!!

Now that i've waffled on for a bit I'd better get back to finishing the "STILL TO DO" list, but I shall keep all informed of my progress over the weeks to come!

DanP
24th January 2005, 11:53 PM
Consider yourself excommunicated.

simon c
25th January 2005, 08:09 AM
SWMBO's right

Well, obviously.

echnidna
25th January 2005, 09:46 AM
Now all she has to do is instruct you to get more tools.

inaminit
25th January 2005, 10:02 AM
Now all she has to do is instruct you to get more tools.
Ahhh Bob, I have a cunning plan for that.....I have just become very supportive of her love for buying shoes and handbags. I have "MY" shopping list at the ready for the day she cant fit anymore in the wardrobe. Cos everyone knows you cant build a shoe rack without a new saw, router, workbench,etc,etc,etc....Hahahahaha!!!!

I recon since Xmas I must have racked up enough brownie points for the saw and router!

Fat Pat
25th January 2005, 12:12 PM
Don't forget the new wardrobe!