PDA

View Full Version : Router table

warren
24th July 1999, 08:16 PM
I am looking to purchase a routing table. Could anyone provide advice on a suitable product, what to look for etc?

thanks

Warren

Rod Smith
25th July 1999, 04:17 PM
Hi Warren
I know a couple of people with the triton RT and they are happy with them. I think they are very reasonably priced Personally I would just make your own, they are really pretty simple. Some people get pretty flash with their shop built RT, but a simple one will most likely do everything you want. See ya, Rod

Shane Watson
25th July 1999, 10:49 PM
I agree with Rod. Home made RT's are simple. I made mine by just using a piece of old kitchen panel ( lamanted MDF ) Cut a whole and drilled the wholes for the screws, screwed the router on. Planned and surfaced a piece of Tas.Oak board ( 150x25 ) cut a recess for the blade, and thats it! The guide just clamps in place. the router is easily removed and I just clamp the board to my bench for operation. Couldn't be much more simple and it does more than I need with great acruacy. Best of all, It cost me nothing!!!! All recycled materials!!!!
My 5 cents worth!!
Cheers
Shane.

AlexS
27th July 1999, 05:26 PM
I have a Triton that I'm happy with, you could also try Cherrybrook Cabinetmaking, ph.02 9481 8716.

cheers

Alex

Richard
29th July 1999, 11:18 PM
There is a great new book out called "Router Magic" which has several plans for RT's. Plus lots of other good stuff !! Wood Works Book & Tool Co. carry it. thewoordworks.com.au