PDA

View Full Version : New project

vk4
21st December 2011, 09:43 AM
New Project,

I have nearly finished a HAMMER & GAVEL , for the MENS SHED ( local) of which I am a member.

The committee does not have 1 at the moment so thought I would be nice and present them with a brand new one.

I also found that I needed a smaller face plate , and I acquired a piece of 8mm steel 100x115mm and with the assistance of another member at the men's shed we made this .

I think it looks almost like a commercial piece, just made from mild steel.

jeff

vk4

TTIT
21st December 2011, 11:35 AM
Isn't it weird how we know it's cheaper (timewise) and easier to buy the commercial product but it's just so much more rewarding to make and use your own kit :2tsup: - and faceplate rings are SOOOOoooo handy!!! :2tsup:

rsser
21st December 2011, 11:58 AM
Nice work Jeff; both pieces.

A gavel would be good at home, to get attention at the dinner table ;-}

Yeah, faceplate rings are handy along with square drive screws.

Best wishes to all for the festive season.

Sawdust Maker
21st December 2011, 08:29 PM
gavels are brilliant - made one for my son to use in a play - his teacher reckoned it was the best thing for getting the kids attention, so we made her one for an end of year pressie

I llike the one you made :2tsup:
great face plate and one has to agree with Vern's comments

Christos
22nd December 2011, 08:56 PM
Very nice.

Mrs Blackie
23rd December 2011, 01:18 AM
Wow! Excellent Hammer and Gavel Jeff, that would be handy for me while allocating chores around the house for everyone lollll, and the faceplate awesome!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers!
Ayshen

vk4
23rd December 2011, 08:47 AM
Mrs B,

I thought you had that BULL WHIP from RAIDERS of the ARK, then again you may not have the room to swing it in the house:roflmao:

The Hammer & Gavel will be presented to the MENS SHED committee, probably next year , as the shed is in chrissie mode,

Anyway , HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR , I hope Santa gives you heaps.

Jeff