PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley delivery

Handyjack
25th December 2011, 04:58 PM
Recently made an order for a few items from Lee Valley. One item was out of stock and not due till 13th December. Order was dispatched 13th December (14th in Australia) for surface mail delivery due in 8 to 12 weeks.
Delivery was attempted on Friday the 16th, and received on Tuesday 20th December. 7 days - 1 week from dispatch to delivery! Would have been less if we had received it on first delivery attempt.

Christos
25th December 2011, 07:29 PM
Always good to get something early.

bsrlee
26th December 2011, 07:28 PM
And if someone is waiting for a set of the spring mitre clamps from Lee Valley, some doofus in the Post Awful delivered them to me after crossing out the correct address. I took it back to my local PO & they made up a new address label with the correct destination put it in the system. Of course, cleverly, I didn't make a note of the correct recipient -D'oh.

Lee Valley also sometimes put parcels in the wrong delivery bin - UPS instead of CanadaPost (DAMHIK) and probably surface in the Air bin too.

Trav
9th January 2012, 03:47 AM
I ordered a few things on Dec 29, and they arrived on 3 Jan. Amazing speed, given the CHristmas rush in the mail system, holidays etc over the new year, and the fact that it had to travel from Canada to Australia.

Kudos to Lee Valley for great service.

Trav

Superbunny
9th January 2012, 10:38 AM
Not to run them down as you guys got very good service delivery for sure but I put in orders on the 4/12 and 16/12 and still waiting. I would not have thought much of it and expected to wait 8 weeks odd except you guys happen to mention how quick yours arrived.:D:D

SB

KeithP
9th January 2012, 01:46 PM
SB

Did you request the delivery Express Post, otherwise this might explain the delay.

Pedro

Groggy
9th January 2012, 02:02 PM
SB, I think LV utilises faster methods if they have surplus contracted capacity. It is unlikely they had any spare room just before Christmas.

Superbunny
9th January 2012, 09:38 PM
SB

Did you request the delivery Express Post, otherwise this might explain the delay.

Pedro

No, I requested what the original poster requested i.e. surface mail delivery and they got it within days instead of the 8 to 12 weeks. Read to whole thread. I like LV and I'm not complaining, I'm only responding to previous posts that they got fast delivery for the cheaper postal rate that should have taken 8 to 12 weeks and the fact that not all of us are so lucky. It might turn up in a day or two or take the whole hog. Groggy, I agree with you, the Xmas rush and over worked system with no slack.:D:D

SB

Handyjack
10th January 2012, 07:54 AM
The type of delivery may also be due to what you order, the size and weight, although I consider myself lucky that it arrived in days rather than weeks. For the record my order was for three light weight hammers one of which was not in stock when I placed the order. The not in stock item arrived when Lee Valley expected it to and then my order was made and sent. If the order had arrived in 12 weeks I could still not complain as that would still be within the time frame stated.

Superbunny
4th February 2012, 09:20 PM
Not to run them down as you guys got very good service delivery for sure but I put in orders on the 4/12 and 16/12 and still waiting. I would not have thought much of it and expected to wait 8 weeks odd except you guys happen to mention how quick yours arrived.:D:D

SB

Guess what, I'm still waiting and getting a little concerned.:D:D

SB

pellcorp
5th February 2012, 12:01 PM
I ordered surface mail from LV for a box of clamps and it took 10 weeks to get here. I had completely forgotten about them by then :-)

Superbunny
5th February 2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks pellcorp, you have given me more confidence to wait longer with baited breath.:D:D

SB

KevM
5th February 2012, 01:53 PM
Guess what, I'm still waiting and getting a little concerned.:D:D

SB
Be patient!!

I ordered some items surface mail on 29th November and they arrived on Friday (3rd Feb).

Robson Valley
5th February 2012, 03:41 PM
I am finding their deliveries to be really inconsistent.
My LV mail orders have to come all the way across Canada. Not much compared with what you experience in Oz.

First pair of NAREX 1/2" skew chisels came in the post (Canada Post & Storage) in less than 10 days. Excellent steel, reground them to 20 degrees for wood carving. So good in fact, that I ordered a second pair, primarily for the quality of the steel.

LV used United Parcel Service for pair #2. Tracking # showed delivery January 27. Now Feb 04 and I have NO clue where they are.

Superbunny
28th February 2012, 09:59 PM
Yes, it has arrived at long last my new Veritas Small Scraping Plane and it only took 11 weeks. I guess some get their delivery sooner than others but at least it arrived and I'm happy now.:D:D

SB

Groggy
28th February 2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, it has arrived at long last my new Veritas Small Scraping Plane and it only took 11 weeks. I guess some get their delivery sooner than others but at least it arrived and I'm happy now.:D:D

SB...and it came with a free long weight!

John Saxton
2nd March 2012, 01:46 PM
Be patient!!

I ordered some items surface mail on 29th November and they arrived on Friday (3rd Feb).

What else can you do but wait, local suppliers also have either postal or manufacturing/back order issues.

Cheers:)

Superbunny
2nd March 2012, 09:18 PM
What else can you do but wait, local suppliers also have either postal or manufacturing/back order issues.

This has nothing to do with manufacturing/back orders, it is about time in actual transit. It's amasing that something from New York State in the USA can take 3 weeks to get here but if it's from Canada just over the border it can take 11 weeks. If you read the first post you will see some get it faster for the same post method.:D:D

SB

John Saxton
2nd March 2012, 10:54 PM
This has nothing to do with manufacturing/back orders, it is about time in actual transit. It's amasing that something from New York State in the USA can take 3 weeks to get here but if it's from Canada just over the border it can take 11 weeks. If you read the first post you will see some get it faster for the same post method.:D:D

SB

I am aware that can be the case with postage as have ordered many times from either country.
Different horses for different courses is my take with the two different countries shipping.If you want it yesterday you have to pay top rate irrespective and if you have then it does become an issue for you.

Also had things ordered that became a back order and was informed when shipped.

Mostly I dont ship on an immediate basis as long as I do get it,it can be a defining factor in costs.

I reckon you're probably putting yours to good use whilst I am still awaiting my shipment.

tdrumnut
2nd May 2012, 11:20 PM
I just received a lightweight item from LV that took 10 weeks to get here via surface mail (given a time frame of 8-12 weeks) so within their estimated range.

Robson Valley
3rd May 2012, 05:40 AM
Lee Valley can pull much the same stunt, within Canada.
I'm near the west coast. Let's suppose I order a Haida crooked knife blade
which I know for a fact is made in Vancouver on the west coast. There's a lovely
LV store with great access and parking in Vancouver.
Those blades get shipped 3,000 miles(?) east to our nation's capital = Ottawa.
Then the get shipped 2,500 miles west to my house.