PDA

View Full Version : A photo-shoot of the making of a ring box

harrysin
31st December 2011, 04:42 PM
This little project may be of interest to members with children/grandchildren soon to be married.

munruben
31st December 2011, 06:31 PM
Very detailed.. thanks.. Nice work. :2tsup::2tsup:

harrysin
31st December 2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you John for such kind words. We left Manchester in 1964.
I'm at present taking a short break from another forum where I'm a contributor and thought that I would post some of my past projects, there are heaps of them so I'm wading through them to turn them into pdf's. I can't find much mention of routing here and that is my main area of expertise.

Grandad-5
1st January 2012, 10:51 AM
The box itself turned out great, but the detailed photos of how you made it were very informative for me personally.
Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.
I've saved your PDF for future reference.
There are mutiple hints in it that I can use.
Cheers
Jim

Nanigai
1st January 2012, 10:58 AM
Good one Harry.:2tsup:

I particularly like the use of the skis to do the hinge and the oversized top to take out any hinge error. Wish I'd seen that last year.

Cheers, Ian

harrysin
1st January 2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you guys,it does me good to receive feedback and encourages me to post more. Later in the day I'll sort out another box, probably one with an inlay.

Pops
2nd January 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi Harrysin,

What they all said. Thanks for the detailed photos. Is always good to see the 'nitty gritty' of a whole process. Beautiful little box by the way.

Cheers
Pops

harrysin
2nd January 2012, 01:19 PM
Thank YOU Pops (I do find it difficult, at age 78 to call anyone Pops!) In my threads I like to show my errors, and there are plenty of those, and how I overcome them, often turning errors into features!

pal
2nd January 2012, 03:39 PM
Hi harry,
good to see you over here on the light side. I see you are wowing them just as you do on (the dark side)/ the other forum. always great to see and read your posts as they are always very informative. :2tsup:
Thats a great little box.

Regards
Harold

Christos
2nd January 2012, 08:01 PM
Another project that had caught my eye. Loving the work in progress.

harrysin
2nd January 2012, 10:26 PM
Hi harry,
good to see you over here on the light side. I see you are wowing them just as you do on (the dark side)/ the other forum. always great to see and read your posts as they are always very informative. :2tsup:
Thats a great little box.

Regards
Harold
Thank you Harold, it's good to catch up with old friends. You may have noticed that Bj hasn't been on the other place for a while, suspended for 24 hours for apparently upsetting a sensitive newish member. I had previously spoken to Mark and Mike via Skype and when they told me that they proposed a 24 hour suspension I assured them that if they went ahead Bj would raise two fingers and tell them to get stuffed, perhaps not in such polite terms! I also told them that if Bj, who is a very good friend despite the distance between us did leave, then so would I if only for a short time. Most regular members of that forum I'm sure realise that despite Bj's proven skills in wood and metalworking, he has problems expressing himself at times and so his sense of humour isn't always understood by newcomers who cry very easily.
I'm in regular touch with Bj and hope to bring him back. I think that between the two of us we boast something like 15,000 posts! I've mentioned somewhere on this forum that if there is interest in my type of threads, I'll make time to post on a regular basis.
Best wishes for a wonderful 2012 Harold.

harrysin
2nd January 2012, 10:30 PM
Another project that had caught my eye. Loving the work in progress.
As a well known celebrity said many years ago "you aint seen nothing yet"!

pal
3rd January 2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Harry,
I hadn't heard about Bj but was wondering why you and he was missing. I have to admit I have never seen a post by Bj that you could consider offensive in any shape or form not even some of his jokes.I would have thought anybody with even one brain cell could tell, after all I have been able to work that out. I hope you manage get him back as he will be sorely missed . Give him my regards when you next in contact with him.

Regards
Harold