PDA

View Full Version : Clock

finlay25
2nd January 2012, 08:52 AM
Hi all this is one of my clocks i made for christmas hope you like.:U

Willy Nelson
2nd January 2012, 10:56 AM
Hello Finlay25
I reckon you may experience the same problems as me. My wood turning is better than my photography. I hope you don't mind this gentle critism.
Can I also suggest you state what timber it is turned from? and maybe the finish?
From what I can see, it looks as though you have done a good job

Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

Treecycle
2nd January 2012, 12:39 PM
Welcome to our forum and keep up the good work Finlay. I am sure the person receiving the clock would have been very elated.
It is a very enjoyable pastime so the more you do, the more you will like it.
I am certainly no photography expert, but from what I have learned, keep the background plain and a contrast to the turned item. Zoom in close so that the item is the main feature, and exclude most of the background. The blue cloth continuing up behind the clock would really set it off.

Christos
2nd January 2012, 06:23 PM
Looks good. Hope that I can also make one soon.

hughie
2nd January 2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Finlay and welcome aboard, clocks are good. :2tsup:Have been meaning to have a go at one. This will spur me on to extract the primary digit :D

finlay25
5th January 2012, 04:14 AM
Hello Finlay25
I reckon you may experience the same problems as me. My wood turning is better than my photography. I hope you don't mind this gentle critism.
Can I also suggest you state what timber it is turned from? and maybe the finish?
From what I can see, it looks as though you have done a good job

Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

Hi sorry about the photo tryed to fix it but as i allready resized the photo i could not get it back any way the wood is spalted beech and has been sanded down,sealed with sanding sealer and buffed with white diamoud compound and finally buffed with some carnauba wax to a beautful shine.

Sawdust Maker
5th January 2012, 09:06 AM
Nice clock :2tsup:

should do one meself
I won't comment on the photography except to say there are articles on the US woodturners site which should help

Treecycle
5th January 2012, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you have gone to plenty of effort to get the desired finish. I'm sure it looks great in real life. Keep them coming.