PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide - Wood Turning req'd

racingtadpole
8th January 2012, 05:46 PM
Greetings people,

I need a replacement handle made for a Le Creuset Fry pan. SWMBO dropped our big cast fry pan and has taken a chunk out of the end of the handle, and of course I sold my wood lathe middle of last year :doh:
If someone who has a wood lathe would be kind enough to turn up a new one out of a chunk of hardwood to match the supplied sample I would be more than happy to barter a price (beer/wine/movie tickets, possibly small cash payment) in exchange for your trouble. I will supply the blank (probably a 50yr old chunk of redwood) so there wont be any out of pocket expenses. Shape isnt complex, basic hourglass about 25mm diameter with a hole through the middle to attach it to the pan.

If youre interested post here or PM me and we'll go from there.

Thanks in advance

_fly_
8th January 2012, 05:51 PM
don't put it in the dishwasher. I used old redgum for mine and it still cracked down the length. I just turned the crack to the bottom and it still holds.

racingtadpole
8th January 2012, 06:13 PM
Its not cracked, its missing part of the surface that mates up the cast iron. Keeps coming loose which is not entirely desirable when Im trying to burn some poor dead cows backside in it. Kinda why Im looking for someone that may be able to help fix it really.

_fly_
8th January 2012, 06:16 PM
No, I was saying that I used 50 Yr old redgum to fix MY cast iron frypan that had the same trouble (old handle got burnt). and MY handle cracked up the length from the dishwasher.

racingtadpole
8th January 2012, 06:34 PM
Ahhh got it now!! :doh:Thanks for the tip.

coffenup
9th January 2012, 07:16 AM
I am learning if you don't get any experinced turned volenteering I will give it a go for you
Regards Michael

cookie48
9th January 2012, 12:24 PM
I not the best but if you are stuck I will have a crack. Only thing is I live in Mallala and at present have a busted ankle and can do it for at least another 3-4 weeks.

chambezio
9th January 2012, 12:59 PM
Could be a bit of stuffing around on your part, but I could do it for you, if you could post the sample and blank over to me then when its ready i could send it back. No strings attached. Just happy to help you out.

old pete
9th January 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Racing Tadpole,

I'm happy to do that for you with or without supply of the blank. No charge of course. P mail me if you haven't got anyone local to take on the job.

Cheers Old Pete

Greetings people,

I need a replacement handle made for a Le Creuset Fry pan. SWMBO dropped our big cast fry pan and has taken a chunk out of the end of the handle, and of course I sold my wood lathe middle of last year :doh:
If someone who has a wood lathe would be kind enough to turn up a new one out of a chunk of hardwood to match the supplied sample I would be more than happy to barter a price (beer/wine/movie tickets, possibly small cash payment) in exchange for your trouble. I will supply the blank (probably a 50yr old chunk of redwood) so there wont be any out of pocket expenses. Shape isnt complex, basic hourglass about 25mm diameter with a hole through the middle to attach it to the pan.

If youre interested post here or PM me and we'll go from there.

Thanks in advance

Paul39
10th January 2012, 07:16 AM
This thread is why I love this forum. The world is full of good people.

The rotten ones get the attention.

Happy New Year to all.

racingtadpole
11th January 2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks all for the replies, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, Ive found someone to assist me.