PDA

View Full Version : recycled robot parts

harty69
8th January 2012, 11:19 PM
I found a good use for a wrist off an old fanuc m1 Robot
a cnc rotary axis just make up a plate to take a chuck swap a sevo for a stepper bit of machining and your good to go
the part is a imaging cylinder from a printing press from work they are a consumable so i have heaps of them
there aluminium and of very high quality and very accurately machine
The first test is something for the wife
I am using a 3mm vcarve cutter 60deg the green coating will be removed after
finnished all it needs is a little polish and its done
cheers
Harty

jhovel
9th January 2012, 12:08 AM
How the heck did you get hold of a robot wrist?
Excellent thinking outside the square!
Joe

RayG
9th January 2012, 01:02 AM
Hi Harty,

Makes a nice 4th axis, or it 5? What would be nice as well is a gripper to go with the wrist, then the CNC could pick up it's own parts off the bench...:)

Very artistic.. nice result. :2tsup:

Regards
Ray

Jayson
9th January 2012, 07:55 AM
Thats a great idea RayG. I will drop off the big gripper that goes with that wrist Harty. Better at your place than mine

What do you mean Joe "How the heck did you get hold of a robot wrist?"
Doesn't everyone have surplus robots in the back yard? After all it is 2012.

Sometimes I wonder why we buy the things we buy...

Jayson

Bryan
9th January 2012, 08:35 AM
I think Harty is a smarty (hyuck), not just for building that, but for using it to make a present for the missus. They love presents - or so I'm told. How can she complain about all the time/space/money taken up by metalwork now? :2tsup:

harty69
9th January 2012, 09:26 AM
I think Harty is a smarty (hyuck), not just for building that, but for using it to make a present for the missus. They love presents - or so I'm told. How can she complain about all the time/space/money taken up by metalwork now? :2tsup:
The wife did look at and say it took you all day to make that
I had to explain how difficult it was to make the parts to maker her sculpture but that just got me a blank look
so went back to the shed and worked on the boat im sure she will more impressed when thats finished an I can take her fishing :2tsup:

Jayson you can keep them there you will need them for your mill

ray its a 4th axis

cheers
Harty

RayG
9th January 2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Jayson,

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachments/f65/194038d1326055992-recycled-robot-parts-kicx1929.jpg

Now that's a gripper! :cool:

Are those hydraulic cylinders? Not the servo in the front, but the one that controls the opening/closing..

Regards
Ray

Jayson
9th January 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Ray,
its all pneumatic, apart from the servos. Lots of airlines and distribution blocks.

Jayson.

Bryan
9th January 2012, 09:28 PM
Wow. Imagine the compressor plant you'd need to run half an acre of those puppies.