PDA

View Full Version : Last minute bookings for Rome Hotels in March

munruben
11th January 2012, 12:07 AM
My wife and I have decided to go to London and stay there for a few days and book flights and accommodation to Rome from there but was wondering what the availability of cheap/reasonable flights and accommodation might be in Rome at short notice around the 5th of March to the 10th March. so if anyone has been to Rome and has any experience as to booking hotels at the last minute and availability at that time of the year in Rome, I would appreciate any advice.
Are we better off booking our trip to Rome From London from Australia before we leave or book at the last minute when arriving in London.
Also if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced hotel in the city centre would be great. we have read so may reviews on the hotels and they are so conflicting it is difficult to make a decision which one to choose.

John Saxton
24th January 2012, 12:10 AM
My wife and I have decided to go to London and stay there for a few days and book flights and accommodation to Rome from there but was wondering what the availability of cheap/reasonable flights and accommodation might be in Rome at short notice around the 5th of March to the 10th March. so if anyone has been to Rome and has any experience as to booking hotels at the last minute and availability at that time of the year in Rome, I would appreciate any advice.
Are we better off booking our trip to Rome From London from Australia before we leave or book at the last minute when arriving in London.
Also if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced hotel in the city centre would be great. we have read so may reviews on the hotels and they are so conflicting it is difficult to make a decision which one to choose.

Considering the time of year you probably will get good deals booking from London ,suggest you look up travel agencies over there for your consideration.

John for peace of mind it sometimes worth considering having the security of booking what you need before you leave.

Most of our travels are done by booking through agencies like expedia or webjet just to name a couple .I do spend a lot of time researching the places on the web for answers as you no doubtedly do.

Tripadvisor.com is another good source or even check out the Lonely Planet guides that may be available in your local library,these are a good bedtime companion to scan and have a wealth of good tips in them.
Cant help you with accommodation recommendation in Rome most times I have usually only spent a day there.

HTH & good luck with your travels.
Cheers:)

Ad de Crom
24th January 2012, 04:56 AM
I was already for 3 days in Rome, in 2005 two days, and in 2008 for one day.
We were there with a group of people and had our hotel outside of Rome.
I suppose,and think this is the best way, that you go to a travelagency in Australia or Londen for information about staying there in a hotel. Even there is the possibility to search on the internet.
Rome has a extended excellent underground subway system, so every nice spot is reachable.
And it's more than worthy to visit Rome. I can recommend it.
Ad

munruben
7th February 2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys. Have pre booked our accommodation in Rome and UK now from here so we don't have any hassles looking for hotels when we arrive. We booked through Travelodge in the UK direct online and found them to be very good so hope the hotels live up to expectations. :)