PDA

View Full Version : Bug

elderly
12th January 2012, 02:57 PM
I made the Volkswagen Bug before I went on holiday and just gave it a quick polish to finish it off. Here are a few pics. Thanks for looking.
Cheers Elderly.

bobman 58
12th January 2012, 06:34 PM
hi elderly you done a great job on the bug what woods did you use and where did you get the plans are they the gatto ones bob

Scott
12th January 2012, 07:18 PM
Great job Elderly.

scotty60
12th January 2012, 11:35 PM
Nice Job Elderly the timber looks great.

bj383ss
12th January 2012, 11:43 PM
Man you pumped out another great model. Looks good elderly. I wish I could get as much done as you do.

Bret

elderly
13th January 2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys for your kind comments.
Kelrob the main timber is Jarrah and the contrasting timber is jelutong. The plan is a Gatto one.
Cheers Elderly

elderly
13th January 2012, 10:27 AM
Just word on the plans. The plan for the bug cost me $10 direct from Gatto.
Skills Publishing want $30 for them?
Cheers Elderly.

Yonnee
14th January 2012, 09:35 AM
Love it elderly. No WIP?

Might have to look into that set of plans, my father has a soft spot for VW's, so I might just have to do one of them.

elderly
14th January 2012, 11:32 AM
No Yonnee I did not do a WP on this one. I think it might be time you got started on some models instead of keep talking about it. How long has it been two and a half years? LOL
Cheers Elderly

munruben
14th January 2012, 08:46 PM
Nice work, looks terrific,, How long did it take you to knock that little gem up?:2tsup:

crowie
14th January 2012, 09:54 PM
That's a great looking Beatle, Elderly.
You must have been very diligent getting it done so quickly and looking so good.
Top job Sir.
Cheers, Crowie

PS - That's an awful plans price differential.....

Dalboy
15th January 2012, 06:11 AM
You could say you have caught the modelling bug.

Great little beetle polished up nice well done:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

artme
15th January 2012, 08:58 AM
Great job there Elderly!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

As an ex Beetle and Superbug owner it strikes a chord with me!.:)

Yonnee
15th January 2012, 11:06 AM
No Yonnee I did not do a WP on this one. I think it might be time you got started on some models instead of keep talking about it. How long has it been two and a half years? LOL
Cheers Elderly

Let me get the 6 trailers I have on the go out of the way first...

And the last 2-1/2 years has seen me purchase a Bandsaw, Thicknesser, Scroll saw, Disc Sander & a SCMS... I just don't have anywhere to set them up properly!! So a shed extension will have to come first.

elderly
15th January 2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Munruben.
I don't know how long it took me I spent a few hours here and there I never keep a record, probably just as well. I do know it took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought it was going to be very easy to make but it did not turn out that way.
Cheers Elderly.