PDA

View Full Version : New Tools

Different
30th January 2005, 07:59 PM
New Tools inherited this weekend from an old woodie passed his prime I am sorry to say.

Ross

gatiep
30th January 2005, 08:19 PM
That Myford Super 7 will keep you off the streets for a while. I'm not sure from the picture if you inherited the Nova as well. If you did............lucky sod, two lathes...........hope you are going to use them both well!

Congratulations and a thought of sadness for the guy past his prime. There is a positive though.....he has lived long enough to pass his prime.....lots never get there or has no prime!

:)

E. maculata
30th January 2005, 08:38 PM
This is outstanding Karma , IMHO the myford will be passed on by Ross to the next in line when he is ready, as their are bullet proof consistency is legendary and was my first choice when I went a lathe hunting years ago, unfortunately for me at the time they don't get sold, only stolen or passed down/inherited.

Different
30th January 2005, 09:18 PM
That Myford Super 7 will keep you off the streets for a while. I'm not sure from the picture if you inherited the Nova as well. If you did............lucky sod, two lathes...........hope you are going to use them both well!

Congratulations and a thought of sadness for the guy past his prime. There is a positive though.....he has lived long enough to pass his prime.....lots never get there or has no prime!

:)Thanks for the thoughts. Thats the way my father looks at it too but i find it hard to accept either for him or for me . Yes I will put them to good use.

Ross

Different
30th January 2005, 09:21 PM
This is outstanding Karma , IMHO the myford will be passed on by Ross to the next in line when he is ready, as their are bullet proof consistency is legendary and was my first choice when I went a lathe hunting years ago, unfortunately for me at the time they don't get sold, only stolen or passed down/inherited.
I wish you were right I would love to hand things on but I fear that my only childs interests lie elsewhere so who knows.

Ross

barnsey
31st January 2005, 11:03 AM
Hi Ross,

I know exactly how you feel. I got the Nova and my brother got the metal lathe - a korean job. It's hard to see the mentor you've had all your life get to a point where he's forced to give it away. Mine coz his eyes are shot.
Still he gives advice when I get stuck and his hands still allow him to critique my work when I offer it. He might be past his prime but I'm not looking forward to when he won't be there at all.

Jamie

graemet
1st February 2005, 08:59 PM
Yes Jamie,
It's tough when the old man goes, especially when he taught you everything you needed to have a go on your own. My good fortune to have inherited most of his tools, a goodly number of which HE inherited from his father and uncles, so I can still feel he's watching for my mistakes over my shoulder. I have more augers, screwdrivers and scrapers than I can use but wouldn't part with one!
Graeme

Tankstand
1st February 2005, 10:57 PM
I wish you were right I would love to hand things on but I fear that my only childs interests lie elsewhere so who knows.

Ross

Daddy! Let me be the first of many to put his hand up for the inheritance!